Friday, March 22, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2002

      The Nondual Highlights

      Outstanding posts sent to the Nonduality Salon email list
      and other online forums

      Thursday, March 22, 2002

      The 1016th Edition

      Search all Editions of the Nondual Highlights:
      http://nonduality.com/searchhl.htm

      Editors: Jerry Katz, Gloria Lee, Christiana Duranczyk, Michael Read, John Metzger

      Today's Highlights Edited by

      Gloria

      Welcome to new subscribers to The Highlights. Please know that every issue is different. This issue features (as advertised!) selections from a variety of lists on Yahoo, the list name is given under the contributor.  Sandeep's Yearning is sizzling and teeming with new life, Mazie appears to spawn new poets wherever she goes. Vicki's Million Paths features classical quotes, very little discussion. Gary Merrill's Consciousness Is All is mostly the conversations of Gary, Dan, and Ed. Hafiz is Hafiz. And sneaking in a few NDS posts. ~Gloria

      MAZIE LANE

      on Yearning

      What's All the Hubbub?

      Got a little itch to see what the whole bitch was all about,
      so I went for a stroll along the road littered with my God rants,
      that singularly Hafizish female chatter about God's genitals,
      about the dogs mating lilies and the dead being raised, NOT that way!
      What did I see that was strewn about the landscape? A few bended knees,
      a few hidden soul pleas for infinite understanding that God is never,
      God is never, ever offended by me. My Friend will even lend His Mouth!
      Never IS what she says. How the hell could she know what God thinks?!
      Last night after the rafters were raised in sobhet, that silent melding
      of my mind with His, with His MIND with my tiny blazing oven-brain,
      There appeared a wall of Red, of Ruby, of Crimson, of a Bleeding Heart.
      This magnificent Pomegranate-Happening inside my Heart, blew off the lid
      of all my misunderstandings, my weaker ramblings, and God said to me,
      in not so many words, He said, "Mazie, go and stir up some controversy!"
      And I knew what He wanted from me! It was the bodyslams, the HeartBites
      and the Soul-slipping Ins, that's what that fine old Fantasy fed me!
      I was just clipping the twigs earlier, now comes the harsh pruning.
      This is the time to give all the lip you can to God. Complain loudly!
      Rip off His robes, tear out His hair! Slap that Madman silly! And then,
      Go inside and kiss away those painful thrashings and flashings of Mad.
      Oh good God, can't you see how much He wants us to lie down ask for it!
      That old Erotic Casanova has just one thing on His Mind. Gulping You!
      Stop all that useless playing so hard-to-get BS. Just slip God a tongue!
      Just climb up on His lap and do those things that get the Juice flowing.
      Yes, most likely the stonings will commence again, and yes I will be It.
      But God only knows that He told me to say all this Nonsensical jumble.
      I used to sit by the Beloved, all timid and proper, but one night,
      He looked so damned Beautiful I just had to get in His Skivvies, I did!
      And man oh man, you never saw God squeal so happily to see me do this!
      I guess I just want to say that however we want God, He wants us, too.
      Over a barrel, in a temple or in a stable, in a river, in the garden,
      anyplace, everywhere, just pull the Beautiful One close, and Kiss Him!
      Kiss Him! Hold His robes open! Taste His Nothingness Place! Let Him In!

      ROBERT (hrtbeat7)

      on Yearning

      Taste His Nothingness Place!  Let Him In!

      Are you one of those legendary hearts
      whose footprints trail up to the wind,
      who drink the clouds and
      inhale stars and
      chew whole mountains like soft
      candy?

      Searching high and wide and low
      I have discovered only mad
      children planting flowers -
      paper flowers in the air.

      At the first few drops of rain
      these days, most fling open
      their umbrellas and go running
      for safe shelter.

      I want to get totally soaked!

      For some days now
      and soft nights too
      I have bided my time
      along the verdant banks of
      these lazy winding rivers.

      Soon I shall
      sky-deep in dawn
      go wading carelessly
      across some cool clear stream.
      I shall be high
      up in the mountains' rushing
      rivered fullness of lucidity
      where sleek-skinned
      flexed and floating
      rainbow-colored trout go
      flashing, impaled
      upon a stream of Light
      before my fresh astonished eyes!

      A primal ecstasy awaits me there –
      far from the denizens of the
      Red Dust towns –
      it is the sound I make
      when the thunder bursts
      down on these ears too long
      accustomed to the busy chatter of
      the mute.

      In the chilled euphoric
      quake of some enormous dawning,
      merged in clearlight morning symmetry of
      brighter than bluegold bursting beauty -
      all glimmering galaxies clutched in sunrise -
      I'll be walked through by the Nameless, and in
      one sudden endless moment I'll be
      Gone

      CAITI

      on Yearning

      My latest yearning is to live while alive...simple as that.

      SANDEEP

      Superb.

      What is generally considered as living is a pathetic version of what can be.

      VIORICA WEISSMAN

      on Million Paths

      "The conflict of teachings is only apparent, and can be resolved if  one

      practices self-surrender to God; this will lead to the Self, to which every
      one must come back in the end, because that is the Truth. The discord
      amongst the creeds can never be got rid of by discussing their merits;
      for discussion is a mental process. The creeds are mental - they exist in
      the mind alone, while the Truth is beyond the mind; therefore the Truth is
      not in the creeds."

      Ramana Maharshi

             ...................................... .................................................................................
             MAHA YOGA
      or
             The Upanishadic Lore in the Light of the Teachings of Bhagavan Sri Ramana
             By 'Who' (K. Lakshmana Sarma).

      JAMES TRAVERSE

      on Harsha Satsangh

       I feel that the resolution of opposites is to acknowledge both,
          and, I feel that resisting them preseves them.

          When opposites are accepted they dissolve.
          When opposites are resisted they persist.

          Opposites are 'qualities' of '________'.
          A 'quality' of '________' is opposites.

          I am not saying that they have to be resolved or resisted - I am
      observing the 'play'.

      DAN BERKOW

      on Harsha Satsangh

      It's the only play in town  :-)

      And there is no observer of the play,
        which is not the play itself ...

      JOSEPH RILEY DAN BERKOW

      on Hafiz

      A Singing Cleaning Woman

      A leaf says,

      "Sweethearts - don't pick me,
      For I am busy doing
      God's work.

      I am lowering my veins and roots
      Like ropes

      With buckets tied to them
      Into the earth's deep
      Lake.

      I am drawing water
      That I offer like a rose to
      The sky.

      I am a singing cleaning woman
      Dusting all the shelves in
      The air

      With my elegant green
      Rags.

      I have a heart.
      I can know happiness like
      You."

      ("The Subject Tonight Is Love" - versions of Hafiz by Daniel Ladinsky)

      DAN BERKOW

      Consciousness Is All

      (Ed)It seems there is always that which sees and that which is seen,
      simultaneously and without division.

      When it's truly simultaneous and without division,
        there is no seeing.

      Again, more precisely, nothing is seen, nothing is not seen,
        it's not nothing, and it's not something other than nothing
        seen and nothing not seen.

      (Ed)The fact that you perceived
          or conceived of no-thought is further evidence.

      It's just for the sake of discussion, Ed, for the
        sake of pointing to what can't be pointed to.
      We're talking, so of course what we say is conception.
      By definition -- words involve conception.

      I like to talk about what can't be said.
      There is a beauty and openness, that has nothing
        to do with concepts of beauty and openness.
      There is a nothingness that is a perfect peace
        and resolution -- not nothing at all.

      We talk about what can't be said or described
        just for the sake of love, for *knowing* beyond
        words and concept.

      (Ed) Also no-thought is not "nothingness", since nothingness is not
           evident or self-evident and thus has no basis for claiming
           existence.  :-)

      There is no claim of existence, nor a claim of nonexistence.

      (Ed) Will the real nothingness please rise. :-)

      Yes.

      This is the real nothingness that has nothing to
        do with the idea of nothingness.

      Although people like to say that everything arises
        within it and from it, that's just misleading talk.

      There is no "within" it, nor is there any space into
        which something could come "from" it.

      The real nothingness is exquisite, the pearl of
        great price, the price being your self,
        including all your thoughts, worlds, and lives.

      A small price.

      JAN SULTAN NINA

      on Nonduality Salon

      I wonder how long will this last.
      American missionaries are out here in force trying to 'save' the 'ignorant'
      natives from Hell.
      What is hell?
      After that question the missionaries have already won. They use the fear of
      hell and telling the natives the truth, which is that God is not loving but
      a sadist who likes to fry humans for eternity in hell.

      That and a lot of presents from the rich Americans does the job.

      How do you recognize a new Masai convert? Simple. Normally Masais are
      happy-go-lucky fellows, whereas a new Masai convert has that worried look
      on his face!

      Jan
      from East Africa

      NINA JERRY KATZ

      on Nonduality Salon

      Seems that all movement (responding - see above) is agenda?

      One might think that a coin dropped in a coke machine slot would be
      without agenda, without political attitudes, but trace it through the
      machine, down the esophagus, into the holding tank, into the
      attendant's hands, into the transfer bucket and on to the transfer
      truck, down the highway, back to the financial hub, round the circles
      of holding and transfer, nudging this gear or that in the CocaCola
      Corporation, feeding work, which feeds paychecks, which feeds mouths,
      which might opt for a refreshing beverage along the lines of a coke.

      Agenda moving backwards and forwards in time. Just cause it isn't
      intended doesn't mean it doesn't get fed.

      One might even say that agenda has an intelligence of its own.

      One might even say that you are being operated by agenda.

      Hehe, agenda agenda agenda. That's a great word. Starts to sound like
      someone's name after a while, when it isn't busy declaring "A gender!
      A gender!" with a southern dialect.

      JERRY KATZ

      on Nonduality Salon
      Enlightenment Test
      this is a test to see if you're enlightened. Go to the link below and do
      as instructed. Probably most of you have seen this before.

      <http://www.netlaughter.com/jesus.htm >

      After the image disappears, keep focusing as though it is still there.
      Babaji will appear for an instant if you have attained enlightenment.

      If someone other than Babaji appears, let me know. For example, if
      George Costanza appears it means you're still living with your parents
      in Passaic, New Jersey, and you're a jerk.