#5119 - Monday, December 23, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

(5119)
  • Gloria Lee
    Dec 23, 2013 Expand Messages

      #5119 - Monday, December 23, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      Nonduality Highlights • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NDhighlights/

      "Tis the season, a snow artist, and the say what? Pope."

      "Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in
      a conspiracy of love."

      ~ Hamilton Wright Mabi

      The edges of our bodies only exist in our minds. The
      difference between the space inside us and the space
      outside us is only a thought. I contain you, you contain
      me. Together, we breathe the earth. Consciousness is
      the world. Clearly seeing this is the only solution.
      Merry Christmas.

      ~ Fred LaMotte

      A stray dog (a shepherd, no less!) found his way into a
      nativity scene and curled up for the night. He was
      adopted by a member of the church.

      Grace is not part of consciousness; it is the amount of
      light in our souls, not knowledge nor reason.
      ~ Pope Francis I

      "My prayers turn towards a sacred world we seem to
      have forgotten. This prayer sometimes feels as if the
      Earth itself were crying through me, imploring us to
      remember it at this time of need. Maybe in this
      darkening something can be born, a new way of being
      that respects all of life, that sustains the whole of
      creation. Maybe once again we can remember our love
      for the Earth, our reverence for what is sacred within
      all of creation, and honor all of its inhabitants. Then
      our hearts can open and sense the divine that is all
      around us -- our prayers turn into praise. Once again
      we can live in an ensouled world that nourishes us
      everyday with sacred meaning."

      —Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

      Artwork: Yvonne Pfeifer

      via The Sacred Feminine for Life on Facebook

      Pope Francis

      So why does the gospel sound so radical when Pope
      Francis speaks? Is it really unexpected
      from him? And how did he get to be Man of the Year
      without really doing anything, but simply surprising
      everyone?

      'Who am I to judge?': The pope's most powerful phrase in 2013

      "Francis is saying the church is a big tent and he has
      to be welcoming. It's an incredible change."
      For Thomas Reese, a Jesuit priest like Francis, the
      most important words from Francis this year were
      written, not spoken.

      "Look at the title of his latest apostolic exhortation.
      It's 'the joy of the Gospel,' not the 'the truth of the
      Gospel,'" he said.

      "He has rebranded the church as welcoming,
      compassionate, a church for the poor as opposed to a
      church that nags people and is worried about rules and
      regulations," said Reese, author of "Inside the
      Vatican."

      "The analogy I love to use is when you go home for
      Christmas, what you want is a hug from your mom. You
      don't want to be asked about your nose ring, or why
      you dyed your hair, or who are you sleeping with now?
      He is trying to turn the church into a loving parent,
      not a nagging parent."

      It Looks Like A Crazy Guy Just Walking
      Around In The Snow. Then You Zoom Out And..
      Whoa.

      Simon Beck's art reminds of crop circles and sand mandalas,
      all destined to be very temporary art forms.