5041#5038 - Monday, September 30, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Sep 30, 2013

      #5038 - Monday, September 30, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      One day the sun admitted,
      I am just a shadow.
      I wish I could show you
      the Infinite Incandescence
      that has cast my brilliant image!
      I wish I could show you,
      when you are lonely or in darkness,
      the Astonishing Light
      of your own Being.

      ~ Hafiz

      "I don’t think there is any such thing as an ordinary mortal. Everybody has his own
      possibility of rapture in the experience of life. All he has to do is recognize it and
      then cultivate it and get going with it. I always feel uncomfortable when people
      speak about ordinary mortals because I’ve never met an ordinary man, woman, or
      child."

      Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth

      The very source of all happiness is your beingness, be there.

      ~ Nisargadatta Maharaj

      There's an unwoven web in the spider's dreams.
      The moon is caught there like a fly.

      Yet the silk is woven of moonbeams,
      and the spider is stuck in her own desire.

      For every approaching wave, be the trough
      and rise even higher.

      To be dark and nameless is enough.
      lose your life at the end of this breath

      in the tiny black dot of the אין סוף,*
      the pointless explosion of golden death.

      Be starless possibility, like the sky.
      Contain it all and you'll never get caught.

      This poem is about what is not.
      Its letters self-weave from black fire.

      ~ Fred LaMotte

      אין סוף: 'ain soph', 'point of nothing' from which all light and all worlds arise in Jewish mysticism.

      Photo: spider on my porch, harvest moon

      Being still does not mean don't move.
      It means move in peace.

      ~ E'yen A. Gardner
      via Tao & Zen on Facebook

      "What is grace" I asked God
      and he said ...

      "all that happens"

      ~ St John of the Cross
      via Sarah Hughes on Facebook

      What Do White Birds Say

      The earth has disappeared beneath my feet,
      It fled from all my ecstasy,

      Now like a singing air creature
      I feel the Rose
      Keep opening.

      My heart turned to effulgent wings.
      When has love not given freedom?
      When has adoration not made one free?

      A woman broken in tears and sweat
      Stands in a field
      Watching the sun and me
      Trade jokes.

      But never would Hafiz laugh
      At your blessed labor
      Of finding peace.

      What do the dancing white birds say
      Looking down upon burnt meadows?

      All that you think is rain is not.
      Behind the veil Hafiz and angels sometimes weep

      Because most eyes are rarely glad
      And your divine beauty is still too frightened
      To unfurl its thousand swaying arms.

      The earth has disappeared beneath my feet,
      Illusion fled from all my ecstasy.

      Now like a radiant sky creature
      God keeps opening.

      God keeps opening
      Inside of Me

      Hafiz From ‘The Gift’ by Daniel Ladinsky