4991#4991 - Tuesday, August 6, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Aug 6 7:32 PM
      #4991 - Tuesday, August 6, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      On Wednesday, August 7, from 12:30PM to 1:30PM EST, listen to Nonduality Network Talk Radio at http://ckdu.ca

      Mandee Labelle and Jerry Katz host.

      The number is 902-494-2487. Or call us through Skype. Our Skype id is nondualitynetwork.

      http://www.elephantjournal.com/2012/05/advice-to-a-young-writer-from-j-d-salinger/

      Quotes from J.D. Salinger’s small but well-loved body of work:

      “I’m sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.” ~Franny and Zooey

      “This is God’s universe, buddy, not yours, and he has the final say about what’s ego and what isn’t.” ~Franny and Zooey

      “The fact is always obvious much too late, but the most singular difference between happiness and joy is that happiness is a solid and joy a liquid.” ~Nine Stories

      “If you do something too good, then, after a while, if you don’t watch it, you start showing off. And then you’re not as good any more.” ~The Catcher in the Rye

      “The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.” ~The Catcher in the Rye

      “I felt like praying or something, when I was in bed, but I couldn’t do it. I can’t always pray when I feel like it. In the first place, I’m sort of an atheist. I like Jesus and all, but I don’t care too much for most of the other stuff in the Bible. Take the Disciples, for instance. They annoy the hell out of me, if you want to know the truth. They were all right after Jesus was dead and all, but while He was alive, they were about as much use to Him as a hole in the head. All they did was keep letting Him down.” ~The Catcher in the Rye

      “I don’t really deeply feel that anyone needs an airtight reason for quoting from the works of the writers he loves, but it’s always nice, I’ll grant you, if he has one.” ~Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters and Seymour: An Introduction