4895#4895 - Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Apr 17, 2013
      #4895 - Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      The Nonduality Highlights
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NDhighlights/

      Singer/songwriter Rita MacNeil, Canadian and Nova Scotia icon, died at the age of 68.

      Her song Working Man, a tribute to coal miners in Nova Scotia, brings tears and chills:

      Working Man
      written by Rita MacNeil

      It’s a working man l am
      And I’ve been down under ground
      And I swear to God if ever see the sun
      Or for any length of time
      I can hold it in my mind
      I never again will go down under ground

      At the age of sixteen years
      Oh he quarrels with his peers
      Who vowed they’d never see another one
      In the dark recess of the mines
      Where you age before your time
      And the coal dust lies heavy on your lungs

      At the age of sixty-four
      Oh he'll greet you at the door
      And he'll gently lead you by the arm
      Through the dark recess of the mines
      Oh he'll take you back in time
      And he'll tell you of the hardships that were had

      God I never again will go down under ground

      Robert Wolfe

      http://www.livingnonduality.org/absolute-enigma.htm

      All of the things which man thinks of as relative to each other (such as “you” and “I”) are simultaneously inseparable from this non-relative actuality. This presence (or anything which we would call absolute) could not be apart from anything, however relative it may appear to, or be thought to, be. We may, consciously or unconsciously, choose to perceive from a relative viewpoint. But that is not the sole perception that we are capable of.

      From the so-called “cosmic”, or non-dual, viewpoint, our chronic perception of things as relative to, and separate from, each other is false. To recognize that it is false is to open the mind to the potentiality of truth.

      Where there is any possibility that the essential condition in this cosmos is the condition of an all-pervasive presence, please inform me how you could be apart from that. This is not to say that, from the relative viewpoint, some thing cannot be argued to exist apart from its “creator”, or some such. But one must recognize, as I trust you do, that the nature of the absolute does not lend itself to finite distinctions. When you refer to “me” on one hand, and “God” on the other, you are not in a discussion of the non-relative. This, again, is one of the reasons why it is important to understand the indivisible essence of the absolute.

      And it is this understanding—when it is so clear as to be startling—that is the substance of unitive realization. When it is indubitably recognized that your nature and the nature of the absolute are fundamentally the same, indivisible nature, this is the “recognition of one's true identity": the realization that any and all identity is eclipsed by an actuality which renders separative distinctions ultimately meaningless.

      Such a realization, or non-dual perspective or awareness, cannot help but have a profound effect on one's consideration of “personal individuality”. One cannot recognize that truth, of all-pervasive indivisibility, and continue to maintain the fiction of separate personification—of the “me” that was born and the “I” which dies.

      This fruit of the realization—that the absolute essence of all being does not “come” from some place nor “go” anywhere—quenches our deepest, final fear, the fear of extinction. Then the liberated may, indeed, “take no thought for the morrow.”

      ~ ~ ~

      Good interview with Robert Wolfe conducted by Brendan Smith:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSuxtFrmFRI