485Friday, September 29

  • umbada@ns.sympatico.ca
    Sep 30, 2000
      As the Energy essentially is unimpeded,
      any and all apparent impedements
      (which are attempted solutions to suffering)
      are dis-solved ...

      The Energy frees Itself everywhere ...
      always freeing Itself to return to Itself.

      How this occurs has many guises, infinite guises,
      but is always through the Energy Itself.

      The Energy that has never been separate from
      who you are. Appearing as guide, as teacher,
      as grass, as trees - I release who I am into
      "This"... So breathing, moving, stillness --
      all return Energy to Energy.

      --Dan Berkow

      Hello NDS-beauties,

      every year my parents remind me the 29 of September:
      "Michele it is your name-day, the day of Archangel Michael,
      congratulations, the vibrant power of Michael is in
      you...don't forget...praise to God..."

      As a child I was fascinated by a small picture of the
      Archangel Michael defeating the "devil". The power of light
      and the dark side. Strength and understanding versus lie
      and unconsciousness.

      Over the years I found more interpretations of the picture
      and the understanding goes deeper:

      The sword as a symbol of conscious awareness, the devil or
      dragon as the "dark side", I heard a friend say, it is not
      about killing the devil but to bring conscious awarness to
      all those parts of the dragon in "me" that are unconscious,
      about all "I should...or I should not", "I must...or must
      not", "I have to..." Killing the devil: That's what the
      catholic church wants to do with the so called "evil": I
      have tried it as a child - it didn't functione. The result:
      guilt and shame, shame and guilt. So, it is not about
      killing but about ascencion, bringing light into darkness.

      Today I recognise the power of Archangel Michael as an act
      of utter compassion. Compassion with the sword. Compassion
      cutting through darkness. Never ending compassion.

      What has this to do with the NDS? I am missing that kind of
      compassion. The world we live in is a dragon that is
      becoming bigger and bigger, the dragon has seduced the
      enlightend ones, the state of "no I" can/may be as selfish
      as any other state of the mind, more than ever the
      force/strenght/power of St. Michael is needed to raise
      consciousness, living force of life, ...

      I was thinking about expectation: It is true, expectation
      leads automatically into suffering. Even if the expectation
      gets "fulfilled" what remains is a bad taste. So living
      without expectations. Feels pretty free for me, peaceful.
      Glad, that I am not involved in terms of glued. Attention
      is free. Compassion arises for expectators because there is
      knowing about the suffering of expectation. Then - just for
      "fun" (or unawareness) - expect again, suffer, let go, free
      attention, compassion arises... does this burning fire ever

      Unprepared disciples with no formal 'disipline' who
      suddenly lose their inner mapping system / reference points
      i.e. throu sudden view point shifts unexpectedly, and are
      not under direct spiritual supervision with a mature
      Master, often these people end up in a very disturbed
      psychologically state.

      A state that I have often seen requiring a person to be
      admitted for psychologically care under the supervision of
      a qualified psychiatrist. This senerio I have witnessed
      many times over the last 20 years.

      I am aware some people scoff at the importance of this, yet
      these same people also profane themselves and others
      working in a responsible disipline.

      Marianna Caplans book 'Half way up the mountain' has many
      examples of unqualified people who believe themselves
      enlightened, offering spiritual help to unprepared people.
      Well know published author and Psychiatrist Mr. Claudio
      Naranjo speaks openly and honestly in this book of
      Mariannas re offering personal versions of enlightenment
      concepts to unprepared students by folk not fully conscious
      of the full picture required.

      I sincerely trust dear sir, you yourself Realise the
      serious implications and the importance of a strong
      disipline before and after enlightenment..

      Shri Ramana was asked once " Can a person lose this

      He answered ' many do for in a moment of non vigilance,
      they pick up the 'i thought and the entire world with it"

      In a dream, a dreamed character labeleld "Sandeep" is
      bandying about concepts of non-volionailty, no guilt, etc
      etc, to other dreamed characters through the Web-based Mail
      Lists. (Consciousness having gone high-tech from the days
      when it used to use dreamed character sitting on top of the
      Himalayas, spouting oral words to poor other dreamed
      characters who sweated their ass up those mountains).

      With the bandying, prattling taking place, in some of the
      dreamed characters, there will be a piercing, in some
      nothing and in some bitter objections.

      In all these "occurings", it is the same gamester. The
      "prattler", the prattling and the "prattled to". All the
      same gamester.

      That is all, the sum total, the bottom line of the game.

      And when Consciousness has had enough, 'poouuf",
      Consciousness in Movement reverts back to it's noumenal
      state, or the state where pure awareness is not even aware
      of it's awareness.

      JAN B.

      although nothing really changes, the mind-body is
      continously changing and the change can be quite large. It
      reminds me of my former friends, who thought they were
      communicating to an alien after my spontaneous sadhana :)
      Needless to say those friends became ex-friends :) Of
      course new friends were made and one of them recently send
      me an article, an ex-colleague wrote about me - it is
      hilarious! A pity it's in Dutch, it is to laugh one's ass
      off :)

      you write beautiful E-Mails in NDS, but you seem not to
      know much about life outside of your little computer room.
      Jesus lives! So don't fear. Help is available, just a
      little openness is needed. And trust. And determination.
      And surrender. And..., well,..to much effort to mention all
      the other things needed. You can read about them in NDS.

      When I made up my mind about 6 years ago, discovered that I
      myself was the only hindrance to myself, because I was
      repeating my old egocentric patterns again and again...
      when I was really determined to follow the advice of a
      competent help - without doing any thinking and judging
      myself... ... then within months out of the blue this help
      was offered in the town were I lived.

      One of the reasons why I say, that our lifes are guided
      from beyond.

      The 'world' is full only because it is inherently empty;
      that emptiness is the greatest power, and it is ours, it is
      awareness itself. Receptivity represents this power, the
      host for "everything". Everything is really only visiting,
      though sometimes it seems to be a permanent guest, and a
      rude one at that.

      Being this emptiness, I may choose who and what I host,
      because I see that I can so choose. Others have not as yet
      discovered that this choice is possible.

      I subject myself to a chosen spectrum of stimuli, for the
      nourishing effects afforded to me. I have learned how to do
      this, over many years of (sometimes very painful) trials,
      errors, and successes. I have opened myself to 'all of it',
      and having had it all, choose to deal with certain parts
      more than others. It is okay that it works this way.

      I see around me, many people who are working hard, to
      attain the conditions for their own freedom, as they see
      it. I do feel a certain sense of irony, that what I have
      done 'in order to be free', is exactly nothing. I see that
      there is nothing that can be done, and so do nothing. I am
      free, even of the effort of not-doing, after years of
      experience to make this habitual. I think the word spoken
      in this realization is: "Oops!".

      If it can be said that there is such as emptiness, and the
      consequent fullness, is there ever any 'garbage' to take
      out? No. There is no waste, but there is wide 'belief' in
      garbage, the category of worthless, what should be disposed
      of. If this is considered, the world could be a better
      place, especially in regard to the issue of people; are
      some people worthless? It is the assumption of
      _worthlessness as a reality_, which opens the door to
      pogroms, at the extreme end. But it is also this same
      assumption of worthlessness, which drives 'us' to conform
      to standards, so that we ourselves will not be cast into
      the trash-bin. As a value, it is intrinsic to the method of
      control of persons.

      Morals, values, ethics, beliefs, standards, specifications,
      criteria, filters, etc etc, etc... all utilised for control
      of persons; and the rampant side-effect of this 'morality'
      is the violence which we all decry.

      That is why I say that the sword cuts both ways.

      Dear Judi, I was thinking about expectation: It is true,
      expectation leads automatically into suffering.

      JUDI: It doesn't lead you into suffering, it *is*
      suffering! That's what there is to be realized. That's what
      separateness is, a *march*, a someone going somewhere.
      That's all in experience, but Understanding is a different
      matter. You can march feeling good, you march feeling
      blissful, you march feeling bad, whatever, it's all the
      same. And I did that you see, and I got to a point where I
      was pretty good at the blissful part too, boy oh boy!. :-)
      BUT, after a while, it began to dawn on me and I smelled a
      rat. :-) And the smelling :-) started one day when my
      boyfriend and I were laying around and I started floating
      off into one of these blissful experiences, and he said
      something unrelated, and quickly I said to him, "Stephen,
      would you shut the fuck up, can't you see I'm having a
      spiritual experience here!" :-) And I laughed, and I knew
      somehow right then and there that the jig was up. :-) You
      see what I'm getting at? Understanding and understanding
      only cuts through *all* experience, high or low, spiritual
      or mundane.

      About body pain and psychological pain ,this is my
      experience with other bodies and myself when touched with
      hands or just the inner attention in awareness becomes
      bliss . specially today I feel a fast change between pain
      and grace filling me. I believe pain is resistance to god ,
      but god is in Pain wanting to shake me up getting my

      (editor: Welcome back, Neo!)

      I recently understood the title. Most fear death. The
      grateful dead are grateful for the death of the individual
      self. It is funny how it can take 30 years to understand 2

      Yes,it is so important the desire to want to know - not to
      be dead in the water. And sometimes it is so important not
      to know - only to be alive in the water.

      How I perceive the oneness is beyond mind, is stillness, is
      love, beauty. No mind. For me there is one large whole
      "stillness" or "nothingness". And in separation I feel
      myself being caught in "my little mind" - my little I. But
      the big one for me is beyond mind.. May be its like that:
      The big one put himself in all the little ones to make lots
      and lots of different experiences, just for the feel of
      it.. Conciousness getting lost in the play...

      NEO: We all caused WWII. By leaving Germany in such a state
      of depression after WWI we set the stage for someone like
      ourselves in the form of Hitler to arise and be part of the
      entire episode.

      BRUCE: This punishment of Germany after the 1914 war was
      done in the name of "justice" but is was actually vengeance
      on the part of the victors -- the ensuing karma was
      certainly not surprising when seen in that light!

      NEO: The effect was much better after WWII when Germany and
      Japan were actually helped to recover. Sort of like hate
      was used after WWI and love after WWII.

      BRUCE: The rehabilitation of the Axis nations after 1945
      indicates that at least some of the lessons of the previous
      world war were learned -- but I would call it self-interest
      on the part of the victors, especially the U.S., which felt
      it needed strong, prosperous allies and trading partners on
      the borders of the Soviet Union and its client states. I do
      not see "love" as being the motive at all, although a great
      deal of economic rehabilitation and and emotional healing
      were accomplished by refraining from outright revenge and
      instead helping Germany and Japan to dig themselves out of
      the ashes of war.

      NEO: This large powerful mind of ours seems to be healing
      but there are still so many dark places.

      BRUCE: Your optimism is noted and appreciated, but I wonder
      if the essential conundrum of the human condition has
      really changed at all, not only in the past century but in
      the past several millennia -- it seems much the same as it
      was in the days of Abraham, the Buddha, and Lau Tzu, the
      major changes since then seem to involve scale and
      technology more than true healing of humanity's "core
      wound," which surely continues to bleed.

      We are the Nonduality Generation.