4821#4821 - Monday, January 21, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Jan 22, 2013

      #4821 - Monday, January 21, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Questioner: What is the nature of the Reality?

      Sri Ramana Maharshi: Existence without beginning or end - eternal.
      Existence everywhere, endless, infinite. Existence underlying
      all forms, all changes, all forces, all matter and all spirit.

      via Cathy Ginter on Facebook

      Love

      Love means to learn to look at yourself
      The way one looks at distant things
      For you are only one thing among many.
      And whoever sees that way heals his heart,
      Without knowing it, from various ills.
      A bird and a tree say to him: Friend.
      Then he wants to use himself and things
      So that they stand in the glow of ripeness.
      It doesn't matter whether he knows what he serves:
      Who serves best doesn't always understand.

      by Czeslaw Milosz
      English version by Robert Hass

      Poetry Chaikhana

      This small waterfall located in the Shale Creek Preserve along a section of the
      Chestnut Ridge Park, near Buffalo New York has a rather interesting phenomena
      associated with it. The aptly named “Eternal Flame Falls” sits on a pocket of
      natural methane gas, which seeps out through a fracture in the rocks behind the
      waterfall.

      i thank You God for most this amazing
      by e. e. cummings

      i thank You God for most this amazing
      day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
      and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything
      which is natural which is infinite which is yes

      (i who have died am alive again today,
      and this is the sun's birthday; this is the birth
      day of life and of love and wings: and of the gay
      great happening illimitably earth)

      how should tasting touching hearing seeing
      breathing any--lifted from the no
      of all nothing--human merely being
      doubt unimaginable You?

      (now the ears of my ears awake and
      now the eyes of my eyes are opened)

      The human is the being in whom the earth has become spiritually aware,
      has awakened into consciousness,
      has become self-aware and self-reflecting.
      In the human, the earth begins to reflect on itself.
      In our deepest definition and deepest subjectivity,
      we humans are the earth. Conscious.
      You and I are the beings in whom the earth
      thinks... knows... comprehends... analyzes...
      rationalizes... judges... remembers...
      chooses...acts...decides.

      ~ Miriam Therese MacGillis in "The Fate of the Earth"

      via Rashani Rea on Facebook

      I found this, written in t.k.'s hand, pinned to a tree in the woods behind the goat
      field. It was faded and almost unreadable. I asked t.k. if I could put it up here
      and he said "I have no idea what you are even talking about. Looks like the
      writing of a trutle in a swamp." So, here it is.

      Love has conquered my hand and love has conquered my foot.
      Love has conquered my desires and love has conquered my mind.
      Love has conquered my fear and love has conquered my shame.
      Love has conquered my hours and my minutes,
      my plans and my traditions,
      my ideas and my concepts.

      Love has left my life in shambles and love has tossed me in the air like a bird saying “Fly.”
      Unknown wings sprouted from nowhere, the sky became my home.

      Love took my wings and I fell, like a stone, into the ocean.
      Love said “Swim.” all gills and scales water became my home.

      Love raised me up and love threw me down.
      Love gave me friends and love gave me utter aloneness.
      Love gave me a paradise and love showed me a hell.

      And in the end love took everything, and every thing, from me.
      Nothing was left and nothing became my abode.
      My mind swooned with mysteries. Loved laughed at my folly.

      Love said “I am nameless and placeless.” Why don’t you come live with me. I said “Yes!”
      Love laughed and said “You missed the point.”

      Love conquered my wanting and my longing.
      Love conquered my seeking and my search.
      Love conquered my doing and my seeming.

      Love said “In me there is not even room for that arrogance called “Being.”
      This body said nothing. Love moved as the wind through the trees.

      t.k.,  traktung yeshe dorje

      via Traktung Khepa on Facebook
      Thanks to Amrita Nadi