4767#4767 - Friday, November 23, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Nov 24, 2012

      #4767 - Friday, November 23, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      g.. Realise enlightenment is impossible. If you could be unenlightened one moment, and enlightened the next, then enlightenment would be bound by time, would be given substance by its opposite, would be dual, would be some 'thing' to be attained. You do not need to be something more. Forget the need and hope. Awake is what you are, not what you become.

      h.. Be willing to notice. Look at the stars, the wind, the romp of birds through the sky. Be willing to be free. Forget the sutras, the wise sayings, the path, the seriousness, the pain, the wars, the relationships, the imagined problems. Forget your objections. Hush for a moment; gently, with arms wide and open, notice the absence of anything but Life.

      i.. Be. Realize that only the ego wants to awaken. And be done with it.

      Dennis Waite comments...

      This sort of stuff is misleading lots of readers. Enlightenment IS in time, IS of the mind, IS something that the ego wants. Of course it is! The point is that who-you-really-are is not the ego! Who-you-really-are is already unlimited, immortal, free etc. The problem is that the mind does not realize this. So it IS something to be attained. But it is not gaining anything at all. On the contrary. It is losing something – self-ignorance! This is why enlightenment is also called ‘realization’.

      Vicki Woodyard

      I am steeping myself in introversion today, for it is my natural state. I have come to see silence as the great awakener, the key to embracing the mystery of it all.

      I eat a bowl of cereal and drink tea. I know that peace is here and now.

      I see the newspaper inside its protective wrapper lying in the driveway. Golden wet leaves are piled softly around it. The news can wait.

      The trees are now on autumnal fire and each leaf drifts into rustling dresses that bid me gaze upon them. The old-fashioned rake has gone the way of the Selectric Typewriter. I see leaves now as Post-It notes falling from God’s Calendar of Days. (The Man has a busy schedule.)

      Squirrels are bonking people on the head with nuts, trying to get their attention.

      These days people bow their heads, not in prayer, but over their iPhones or androids. Deliver us from inattention. Bonk!

      God says, “You were dying from senseless distraction. I sent holy golden leaves, hard-shelled acorns....and still you didn’t get it. Look up. Look up!

      And so I do. I look up and cast my gaze around this littered dining table at which I write. God knows I could use a good bonk!

      Vicki Woodyard
      http://www.amazon.com/LIFE-HOLE-Thats-Wisdom-Awakened/dp/1609102770/ref=la_B0045534S6_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353635100&sr=1-1

      David Spero

      Questioner: David, what is Bliss? Ramana Maharishi spoke of the “Bliss of the Self.” What did He mean by this term?

      David Spero:

      Bliss is of the nature of Reality Itself. It is what is Ultimately Real -- not an attribute or discreet experience of the Real.

      Given this state of affairs, what Bliss is goes beyond knowledge and thus its meaning is intuited, rather than known.

      The satisfaction Bliss gives to the mind is in directly Knowing It -- and thus cannot be said to be either "happy" or "blissful," to a separate mind.

      You could say: It's the rock-hard sensation that one is the Unborn Self and that it would simply be impossible for this to be otherwise.

      Or, It is Knowing Itself, not what is known.