4763#4763 - Monday, November 19, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Nov 19, 2012

      #4763 - Monday, November 19, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns
      it calls me on and on across the universe.

      ~ John Lennon

      This issue is in memory of my precious dog, Willow, who passed quietly in her
      sleep at the foot of my bed early Saturday morning. She was pure sweetness and
      love every moment of her life. She welcomed the next door neighbor children
      home from school every day. Willow made nightly calls on another neighbor after
      her dog died and only stopped a year later when she got a new puppy. She just
      knew such things, she was that sensitive.They all came by here to say tearful
      goodbyes on her last day Friday.

      Willow naturally had good manners and looked for ways to be helpful. When she
      noticed I didn't want the cat clawing at my desk chair, she would rise and put
      herself between the cat and my chair, every time, how ever many times it was
      needed, but gently. Nothing pleased her more than our walks down the hill to the
      garden. Well maybe a dip in the pond. Or a car ride to get ice cream  cones, she
      liked vanilla best. Just to be with us was her happiness. There was  never a trace
      of agression in her, she chased the deer just to the end of our yard, never on
      into the woods. Willow even loved all my cats and put up with the one who liked
      to lick her ears. Actually, we only found that Moses cat as a lost kitten because
      Willow heard his faint cries in the ditch on our walk. I think it was a happy life
      for her. One can say a lot about loving animals in general, but this particular
      being will live forever in my heart.

      Willow, 2004- 2012

      No Sense of Difference
      by Ramana Maharshi

      D.: Does one who has realized the Self lose the sense of ‘I’?

      R.: Absolutely.

      D.: Then there is not difference between yourself and myself, that man over there, my servant. Are all the same?

      R.: All are the same, including those monkeys.

      D.: But the monkeys are not people. Are they not different?

      R.: They are exactly the same as people. All are the same in One Consciousness.

      "Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent.
      To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden,
      where doing nothing was not boring-- it was peace."

      ~ Milan Kundera

      Puppy Willow

      "Sometimes; said Pooh, the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."

      ~ A.A. Milne

      If you have men who will exclude any of God’s creatures from the shelter of
      compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow
      men.

      ~ Saint Francis of Assisi

      Love animals: God has given them the rudiments of thought and joy untroubled.
      Do not trouble their joy, don't harrass them, don't deprive them of their
      happiness, don't work against God's intent. Man, do not pride yourself on
      superiority to animals; they are without sin, and you, with your greatness, defile
      the earth by your appearance on it, and leave the traces of your foulness after
      you - alas, it is true of almost every one of us!

      ~ Fyodor Dostoyevsky
      (1821-1881)

      He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear
      above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. He has told
      me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests
      against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he
      shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with
      worry when he is not along to care for me.) When I am wrong, he is delighted to
      forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is
      joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags.
      Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty
      itself. He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret
      comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I
      was ignorant. His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my
      side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised
      to wait for me... whenever... wherever - in case I need him. And I expect I will -
      as I always have. He is just my dog.

      ~ Gene Hill