4413#4413 - Monday, October 31, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Oct 31, 2011
      #4413 - Monday, October 31, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
      ~ Voltaire
      The aspects of things that are most important to us are hidden because of
      their simplicity and familiarity.
      ~ Ludwig Wittgenstein
      by Tony Cartledge on Facebook

      12 Quotes on Mystery

      The "idea" that something needs to happen
      in order for You
      to be free
      is actually
      the bondage.
      ~ Scott Kiloby
      by Rorayma Gavidia on Facebook

      Sometimes, I Am Startled Out of Myself,

      like this morning, when the wild geese came squawking,
      flapping their rusty hinges, and something about their trek
      across the sky made me think about my life, the places
      of brokenness, the places of sorrow, the places where grief
      has strung me out to dry. And then the geese come calling,
      the leader falling back when tired, another taking her place.
      Hope is borne on wings. Look at the trees. They turn to gold
      for a brief while, then lose it all each November.
      Through the cold months, they stand, take the worst
      weather has to offer. And still, they put out shy green leaves
      come April, come May. The geese glide over the cornfields,
      land on the pond with its sedges and reeds.
      You do not have to be wise. Even a goose knows how to find
      shelter, where the corn still lies in the stubble and dried stalks.
      All we do is pass through here, the best way we can.
      They stitch up the sky, and it is whole again.

      by Barbara Crooker, from Radiance. © Word Press, 2005.

      photo by Alan Larus on Facebook
      The only Zen you find on the tops of mountains is the Zen you bring up there.
      ~ Robert M. Pirsig
      by Tony Cartledge on Facebook

      Belief brings me close to You
      but only to the door.
      It is only by disappearing into
      Your mystery
      that I will come in.
      ~ Sanai

      While reason is still tracking down the secret,
      you end your quest on the open field of love.

      ~ Sanai
      No tongue can tell Your secret
      for the measure of the word obscures Your nature.
      But the gift of the ear
      is that it hears
      what the tongue cannot tell.
      ~ Sanai
      by Belle Heywood on Facebook

      Just This...
      Photo's from beautiful Berg en Dal near Nijmegen in the Netherlands. Music
      from the album "On Wicklow's Way". Available through iTunes, emusic,
      Amazon, CDBaby etc.
      John Devitt, playing the flute, is one of us, a Highlights reader.