4178#4178 - Monday, February 28, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Feb 28, 2011

      #4178 - Monday, February 28, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Moment after moment, completely devote yourself to listening to your inner voice.
      ~ Shunryu Suzuki

      posted by Jill Richling-Thesman to Facebook

      Loving old priceless things,
      I've scorned those seeking
      Truth outside themselves:
      Here, on the tip of the nose.
      ~ Layman Makusho

      __________________

      When the desire for the Friend became real,
      all existence fell behind.
      The Beloved wasn't interested in my reasoning,
      I threw it away and became silent.
      The sanity I had been taught became a bore,
      it had to be ushered off.
      Insane, silent and in bliss,
      I spend my days with my head
      at the feet of My Beloved.

      ~ Abu-Said Abil-Kheir, Nobody,Son of Nobody

      posted by Kia Pierce to Facebook

      There seem to two kinds of searchers: those who seek to make their ego something
      other than it is, i.e. holy, happy, unselfish (as though you could make a fish unfish),
      and those who understand that all such attempts are just gesticulation and
      play-acting, that there is only one thing that can be done, which is to disidentify
      themselves with the ego, by realising its unreality, and by becoming aware of their
      eternal identity with pure being.

      ~Wei Wu Wei

      posted by Diane Verpoest to Facebook

      Peter Schefler photo

      What happens when the god of spring
      meets spring? He thinks for a moment
      of great whales traveling from the bottom
      to the top of the earth, the day the voyage
      began seven million years ago
      when spring last changed its season.
      He enters himself, emptiness
      desiring emptiness. He sleeps
      and his sleep is the dance of all the birds
      on earth flying north.

      ~Jim Harrison

      posted by Kia Pierce to Facebook