3275#3275 -Sunday, August 31, 2008

  • markwotter704
    Aug 31, 2008

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3275, Sunday, August 31, 2008

      The intrusion of the mind

      Knowing that the intrusion of the mind is
      a natural process, that it has to happen;
      that understanding itself will return one
      to the witnessing.

      - Ramesh S. Balsekar, posted to Distillation

      Unless you know yourself well, how can you know another? And when
      you know yourself--you are the others.

      Mind is consciousness which has put on limitations.
      You are originally unlimited and perfect.
      Later you take on limitations and become the mind.

      - Ramana Maharshi, posted to The_Now2

      You and I are the same.
      What I have done is surely possible for all.
      You are the Self
      and can never be anything else.
      Throw your worries to the wind,
      turn within and find Peace.

      - Ramana Maharshi, posted to The_Now2

      What does it mean to learn the knowledge of
      God's Unity? To consume yourself in the
      presence of the One. If you wish to shine like
      day, burn up the night of self-existence.
      Dissolve in the Being who is everything.
      You grabbed hold of "I" and "we,"
      and this dualism is your ruin.

      - Rumi, Version by Camille and Kabir Helminski, from Rumi: Daylight, posted to AlongTheWay

      My Burning Heart

      My heart is burning with love
      All can see this flame
      My heart is pulsing with passion
      like waves on an ocean

      my friends have become strangers
      and I'm surrounded by enemies
      But I'm free as the wind
      no longer hurt by those who reproach me

      I'm at home wherever I am
      And in the room of lovers
      I can see with closed eyes
      the beauty that dances

      Behind the veils
      intoxicated with love
      I too dance the rhythm
      of this moving world

      I have lost my senses
      in my world of lovers

      Rumi, from: Love Poems of Rumi - Deepak Chopra, translated by: Fereydoun Kia

      O Love

      O Love, O pure deep Love, be here, be now,
      Be all - worlds dissolve into your
      stainless endless radiance,
      Frail living leaves burn with you brighter
      than cold stares -
      Make me your servant, your breath, your core.

      - Rumi, from: Perfume of the Desert, edited by Andrew Harvey and Eryk Hanut