1333Tuesday, January 28, 2003
- Jan 30, 2003Non Duality Grab-bagIssue #1333 - Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - Editor: michael--- In NondualitySalon@yahoogroups.com, "viorica weissman" wrote:
And a woman spoke, saying, "Tell us of pain."And he said:
Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.
Even as the stone of the fruit must break, that its heart may stand
in the sun, so must you know pain.
And could you keep your heart in wonder at the daily miracles of your
life, your pain would not seem less wondrous than your joy;
And you would accept the seasons of your heart, even as
you have always accepted the seasons that pass over your fields.
And you would watch with serenity through the winters of your grief.Much of your pain is self-chosen.It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self.
Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquillity:
For his hand, though heavy and hard, is guided by the tender hand of the Unseen,
And the cup he brings, though it burn your lips, has been fashioned
of the clay which the Potter has moistened with His own sacred tears.
GIBRAN KHALIL GIBRAN
Tammuz Publishing House , 1980It's an American Bag, just an American bag.--- In NondualitySalon@yahoogroups.com, humanitate wrote:
Hello NDS ...Some thoughts:
1. Only in America......can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
2. Only in America......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.
3. Only in America......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
4. Only in America......do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.
5. Only in America......do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.
6. Only in America......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.
7. Only in America......do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.
8. Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.
9. Only in America......do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.
10. Only in America......do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.From the teeny tiny book "The Wisdom of the Hindu Gurus"From the MaharmayanaThrough self-effort and self-knowledge make the mind no-mind. Let infinite Conciousness swallow the finite mind, and then go beyond everything.If you could give up thoughts, you will right here and now attain the realization of oneness with all.Don't think about ideas such as bondage and liberation, simply abandon all craving and through wisdom and dispassion bring about the cessation of the mind. Even if the wish "may I be liberated" arises, the mind will come back to life.From NDS - humanitate shared the news bag again,
BEST HEADLINES of 2002
Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Expert Says
Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers
Iraqi Head Seeks Arms
Is There a Ring of Debris around Uranus?
Prostitutes Appeal to Pope
Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over
Teacher Strikes Idle Kids
Miners Refuse to Work after Death
Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant
War Dims Hope for Peace
If Strike Isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last Awhile
Cold Wave Linked to Temperatures
Enfield (London) Couple Slain; Police Suspect Homicide
Red Tape Holds Up New Bridges
Typhoon Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead
Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge
New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group
Astronaut Takes Blame for Gas in Spacecraft
Kids Make Nutritious Snacks
Chef Throws His Heart into Helping Feed Needy
Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half
Hospitals are Sued by 7 Foot Doctors
Meteorologist Blames Constant Inaccuracies on Weather
What's in the Bag, Buddha? Butter?
** What would you do if you met the Buddha at the Waffle House?
Vicki Woodyard tells us everything we need to know in this week's Guest Article,
I don't aspire to Buddhahood--it would just make me look fat!" **
This week at
Readers Write Back'Letting us Know what you Really think.'Looking for some for your thoughts? Well, here it is, Readers. You have been writing back. Boy were we ever surprised! We didn't know you actually used your computers. But hey we must have our head(s) in a bag again.Your responses have mostly been well deserved praise for our collective and singular high quality. Our deep wisdom, abiding wit, all around sophistication and our over-whelming good looks and amazing talents.To those warm, intelligent, caring, loving and oh so perceptive folks we say - Thank You.The praise just doesn't stop. Even our critics sing our praises.For example -Dear Sir(s),Your latest offering of random maundering, obtuse, and disjointed ramblings are so much crap...Where do you find this stuff? I could do a better job with my eyes closed.A Disgruntled FanTo the discerning critic we can only respond - Thank You.But, we blame it on the donuts, coffee, and long long hours of exposure to pc radiation sources.This has left all of us in a state of perpetual amusement with unaccounted for feelings of dumb amazement and prone to random decision making process. A perfect example follows.'Let us Know what you Really think.'Dear Readers, in the upcoming weeks and months keep your eye peeled for the a feature here at the Non Duality Highlights. Readers Write Back - where we will air your views from time to time.Have a gripe? No? OK, how about a comment, observation or contribution? Want to suggest an idea, theme for an issue? Would you like to submit a short guest editorial piece?Drop us a line or two.*******************************************************************