1305Tuesday, December 31, 2002

  • Michael A. Read
    Jan 1, 2003

      {foriegn language site}

      Issue #1305 - Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - Editor: michael
      Highlights/NDS Search: http://nonduality.com/search.htm
      Letters to the editors:NDhighlights-owner@yahoogroups.com

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Mary Bianco

      white
      oh so very white
      absolute white
      naked white
      stark, frozen and
      sedulously present

      to escape
      such whiteness
      I dive
      deep
      into its inexistence
      to be baptized
      in the waters
      of infinite colors
      only to rediscover
      the entire spectrum
      is ever-present
      in the purity of
      white

      love
      mary
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Terry Murphy - offers some Rumi

      Whoever is loved is beautiful, but the opposite is not true, that
      whoever is beautiful is loved.  Real beauty is part of loved-ness, and that
      loved-ness is primary.  If a being is loved, he or she has beauty,
      because a part cannot be separate from the whole.  Many girls were more
      beautiful than Laila, but Majnun did not love them.  "Let us bring some of them
      to meet you," they used to say to Majnun, and he would reply, "it is not
      the form of Laila that I love.  Laila is not the form.  You're looking at
      the cup, whereas I think only of the wine that I will drink from that
      cup.  If you gave me a chalice studded with gemstones, but filled it with
      vinegar or something other than wine, what use would that be?  An old, broken
      dipper-gourd with Laila-wine in it is better than a hundred precious
      goblets full of other liquid."     Passion is present when a man can distinguish between the wine
      and the container.  Two men see a loaf of bread.  One hasn't eaten anything
      for ten days.  The other has eaten five times a day, every day.  He sees the
      shape of the loaf.  The other man with his urgent need sees *inside* into
      the taste, and into the nourishment the bread could give.  Be that
      hungry, to see within all beings the Friend.
           Creatures are cups.  The sciences and the arts and all branches
      of knowledge are inscriptions around the edges of the cups.  When a cup
      shatters, the writing can no longer be read.  The wine's the thing!
      The wine that's held in the mold of these physical cups.  Drink the wine
      and know what lasts and what to love.  The man who truly asks must be
      sure of two things: One, that he's mistaken in what he is doing or thinking
      now.  And two, that there is a wisdom he doesn't even know yet.
      Asking is half of knowing.
           Everyone turns toward someone.  Look for one scarred by the King's polo stick.
           A man or a woman is said to be absorbed when the water has total
      control of him, and he no control of the water.  A swimmer moves
      around willfully.  An absorbed being has no will but the water's going.  Any
      word or act is not really personal, but the way the water has of speaking
      or doing.  As when you hear a voice coming out of a wall, and you know
      it's not the wall talking, but someone inside, or perhaps someone outside echoing off the wall.  Saints are like that.  They've achieved the condition of a wall, or a door.

      rumi (barks/arberry)
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Mace Mealer

      This one is often