free on-line home school

  • seekyefirst_2004
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2006
      Hi, you don't know me, but I relocated to Colorado after Hurricane
      Katrina. I learned something very interesting about home schooling.
      They have a home school program here where children are considered
      part of the public school system. They receive books and the
      curriculum for free, and a computer to use for $20 a month until
      paid for! They receive the same education tailored to them at their
      own pace with on-line instructors and classes. They also provide
      support by phone if the child is having difficulty understanding
      something. It is called Connections Academy. It is a wonderful
      program offered in ten states. Why doesn't Alabama have it? I asked
      Connections Academy and they said the only thing keeping them from
      being available in Alabama is State Senate approval. We have to
      request it from our senators. The school gets half funding, the
      other half funds our child's books and fees. Even better, our
      children can attend extra curricular activities at local schools,
      such as band, chorus, football, etc... I think that this is a
      wonderful compromise between sending our children to substandard
      schools or home schooling them without peers. If you agree, please,
      write your senator and pass this along. Georgia is currently
      fighting for this program in their state. For more information, you
      can visit the website at www.connectionsacademy.com

      I don't work for this organization. I am just a mother who home
      schooled my daughter at my expense to keep her out violent schools
      that failed testing.