Re: #5

  • John Christensen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2001
      Hi Curtis,
      Thanks for the feedback. I expect to see Argent Lumber Co. #5 steamed up
      next year. Just a guess but probably around May 18-20 which is when I plan
      to have the official opening of the Transportation Museum in Nevada City.
      The construction is expected to be completed by December 20th but we will
      need the winter months to get our displays together inside the depot/museum
      building. May 20th is the anniversary of the NCNGRR which opened in 1876.

      The Northern Queen is already dragging rail down from our site so they can
      begin construction of 900 ft. of 3 ft gauge track up to the property line of
      the museum site. If we can put in another 3-400 ft in by opening day maybe
      the NQI will run the Argent engine up to the museum on opening day. I hope
      so but again there is a lot to do in a short time. Do you know any Gandy
      Dancers who might want to come up on a weekend and help?
      That enough speculation for now. See you when you get back up here.
      John