Re: Bear River Bridge

  • Doug MacLeod
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 4 11:11 AM
      Allen:
      I have a article on the Bear River bridge from March 11, 1909 issue of
      the of Engineering News. It has constructions views and drawings. I could
      scan it and e-mail to you. It's probably 11 x 14 in size, scanner 8 1/2 x
      11, so it would take two scans per page. Does that help?
      Doug MacLeod

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 4 1:02 PM
        Doug - I suspect that the 1909 article is about the high steel girder
        Bear River bridge. I'm talking about the original one constructed
        when the NCNG itself was built. The girder bridge was a magnificent
        structure. Wish it had been preserved.

        Allen
        ---------------

      • eabracher@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 4 2:28 PM
          In a message dated 4/4/01 1:37:58 PM, alantacy@... writes:

          << I'm talking about the original one constructed
          when the NCNG itself was built. The girder bridge was a magnificent >>

          Have you contacted Herman Darr? I'm sure he knows.

          eric
        • Allen Tacy
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 4 3:18 PM
            Eric - No, I have not. Thanks for the tip. How do I reach Herman Darr?

            Allen
            -------------------

            >In a message dated 4/4/01 1:37:58 PM, alantacy@... writes:
            >
            ><< I'm talking about the original one constructed
            >when the NCNG itself was built. The girder bridge was a magnificent >>
            >
            >Have you contacted Herman Darr? I'm sure he knows.
            >
            >eric
            >

            >Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet?
            >Check them out!

          • B. Douglas Jensen
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 5 7:36 AM
              Allen

              Herman Darr, Nevada City, 265-2137
              This man knows the narrow gauge and he gives a great tour of the old right of way.

              Doug Jensen
            • Allen Tacy
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 5 10:16 AM
                Doug - Thanks. Tried to reach him last evening, but he was out. I do
                a pretty fair tour of our narrow gauge myself. Different narrow
                gauge, but the NCNG is also a favorite.

                Allen