Re: Sierra Narrow Gauge Conference presented by NCNGRR Museum

  • Rod Souza
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 17, 2013
      Dennis,

      When do you think that you will be posting a schedule of events? I am very interested in seeing a listing of what program/topic will be presented on which day & time. Do you have a tentative listing as such? Thanks.

      Regards,

      Rod Souza
      Placerville, CA

      --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "dennisb60" <pineconelumberng@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > to be hosted by the Nevada County Narrow Gauge RR Museum and co-hosted by the
      > Southern Pacific Narrow Gauge Historical Society.
      > The conference will include presentations relating to various Narrow Gauge lines
      > that once roamed the foothills and high mountain ranges of the Sierra
      > Nevada's.
      > Through day and evening presentations conducted by railroad historians as well
      > as hands on narrow gauge equipment we will explore a selection of narrow gauge
      > lines, their history, equipment, locations, and the people that kept it all on
      > track.
      > Other activities include a restoration fund raising BBQ, raffle, and an
      > authentic "ALL" Westside Lumber Company train led by fully restored Westside
      > Plymouth #1 with some yard switching included.
      >
      > WHEN: Tuesday June 18th – Friday the 21st. (weekends are very busy in Nevada
      > County and hotels are much cheaper during the week)
      > LOCATION: Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum located at 5 Kidder Ct.
      > Nevada City, Ca.
      >
      > We have blocked rooms at local Hotels at a group discount rate. Please book your
      > rooms directly with the Hotel itself. See the registration form for information
      > on hotels.
      >
      > I HAVE ATTACHED IN THE FILES SECTION OF THIS YAHOO SITE A COPY OF THE
      > REGISTRATION FORM WITH FURTHER INFORMATION UNDER SIERRA NG CONFERENCE.
      >
      > Please check out the Museum at ncngrrmuseum.org The museum has a large
      > selection of NG equipment in various stages of restoration.
      >
      > All proceeds from the Sierra NG Conference will go towards the restoration of NG
      > equipment at the Museum.
      >
      > For further information check out www.ncngrrmuseum.org or e-mail John
      > Christensen, Andrew Brandon, or Dennis Burke at sierrang@...
      >
      > Thank you,
      > Dennis Burke,
      > President, SPNGHS Inc.
      >
      > CONFIRMED PRESENTATIONS TO DATE:
      > John Christensen- Introduction to the NCNGRR Museum
      > John Christensen- Restoration of NG rolling stock
      > Andrew Brandon- NCNGRR, the 1st year
      > Andrew Brandon- NG equipment color schemes
      > Herman Darr- NCNGRR History Part 1
      > Herman Darr- NCNGRR History Part 2
      > Jerry Blackwell- Bliss & His Lake Tahoe RR
      > Nelson Van Gundy- Sierra Nevada Wood & Lumber Company
      > Nelson Van Gundy- Hobart Estate Company Logging RR
      > Art Kauppi- Westside Lumber History
      > Dave Connery- Westside Lumber Trestles/ modeling the Westside trestles
      > Ed Siecker- Westside Lumber/ Pickering maps
      > Stan Kistler- Westside Lumber, a collection of photos
      > Mark Francis- Empire City Railway
      > Paul Beckstrom- Swayne Lumber Company
      > Paul Beckstrom- Mich. Cal Lumber
      > Roger Staab- Towle Brothers
      > Kyle Wyatt- San Joaquin & Sierra Nevada
      > Chris Dewitt- The Glenbrook, History & Restoration
      > Jim Vail- Hon3 modeling
      > Randy Hees- Carter flats
      > Dan Markoff- Discussion-Eureka & Palisade #4 / Hobart Estate #5, and more

    • Dennis Burke
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 17, 2013
        Hello Rod,
        I should have it completed by this Wednesday the 20th. Have had to adjust some presentation times at presenters request.
        Dennis
        Lakeport, Ca
        707-262-1824

        Message 3 of 6 , May 13, 2013
          Dennis,

          Has the schedule been posted? If so, where can I find it.

          Regards,

          Rod Souza
          Placerville, CA

          Message 4 of 6 , May 13, 2013
            Hello Rod,
            You can find it on the museums website at www.ncngrrmuseum.org under activities. If you have any problems let me know and I will scan and send.
            Dennis
            707-262-1824

            Has the schedule been posted? If so, where can I find it.

            Regards,

            Rod Souza
            Placerville, CA

            --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, Dennis Burke <pineconelumberng@...> wrote:

            > Hello Rod,
            > I should have it completed by this Wednesday the 20th. Have had to adjust some
            > presentation times at presenters request.
            > Dennis
            > Lakeport, Ca
            > 707-262-1824

          • Richard Brennan