33rd National Narrow Gauge Convention – Show Your Layout

  • Bob C
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2012

      Work is progressing on the 33rd National Narrow Gauge Convention.  This event is coming to Pasadena , CA , in 2013 on August 28 – 31 at the Pasadena Hilton Hotel. Jeff Smith , who organized the Twenty-Sixth Annual Sn3 Symposium, and Fred Hill of the Whistle Stop, will oversee this Convention.

      I will be handling the layout tours and these self-guided tours will take place throughout Southern California *.

      We will have many visitors from across the United States and several foreign countries so we want to have a good selection of narrow gauge layouts for the expected 1,500-plus attendees.

      At this time we are asking layout owners to "tentatively" commit to showing their layouts during the Convention.

      We are not asking for a firm commitment just yet, however, we need to be able to publicize a potential line-up of layouts starting July 1. If showing your layout is a realistic possibility, please let me know by the end of this month.

      To offer your layout or ask questions about the layout tour program, please contact me directly at:  layouts@33rdnngc.com

      Should you have questions about the Convention, please contact Jeff Smith /Fred Hill at:  questions@...

      Convention website:  http://www.33rdnngc.com/ (Currently a work in progress)

      Thank you.

      Bob Chaparro

      Layout Tour Chairman

      33rd National Narrow Gauge Convention

      Hemet , CA

      *Tour area includes the Counties of Imperial, Los Angeles , Orange , Riverside , San Bernardino , San Diego and parts of Kern and Santa Barbara Counties .