Re: NCNG in HOn3

  • empirita
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 3, 2012
      I recently finished scratch building the newer Chicago Park depot for my layout. Pictures here:

      http://sites.google.com/site/empirita/chicagopark2

      A while back I scratch built the Grass Valley Depot:

      http://sites.google.com/site/empirita/grassvalley

      David
    • Aaron
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 4, 2012
        Wow! Both of those depots look awesome! They are both exactly what I have in mind to build. Did you use Herman's plans for Chicago Park?

        The Grass Valley depot looks pretty big. Did you draw plans for it? What are the dimensions? I'm likely going to need to do a smaller version, or use the Sierra West Models version as Tom suggested.

        Thanks for sharing, Aaron

        --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "empirita" <empirita@...> wrote:

        > I recently finished scratch building the newer Chicago Park depot for my layout. Pictures here:
        >
        > http://sites.google.com/site/empirita/chicagopark2
        >
        > A while back I scratch built the Grass Valley Depot:
        >
        > http://sites.google.com/site/empirita/grassvalley
        >
        > David

      • empirita
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012
          I used Herman Darr's plan for the CP depot as a starting point and then used several photos to produce final building plans.

          The Grass Valley depot is around 150 scale feet long including the passenger passage. Yes, I made plans for the building.

          David

          --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron" <aaronsplawn@...> wrote:

          > Wow! Both of those depots look awesome! They are both exactly what I have in mind to build. Did you use Herman's plans for Chicago Park?
          >
          > The Grass Valley depot looks pretty big. Did you draw plans for it? What are the dimensions? I'm likely going to need to do a smaller version, or use the Sierra West Models version as Tom suggested.
          >
          > Thanks for sharing, Aaron

        • Aaron
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 8, 2012
            Both came out looking very nice! Very inspirational...

            Thank you for sharing...