Re: NCNG in HOn3

  • ncngrr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2012
      Hi,
      A depot similar to the Grass Valley depot was produce as a logging camp set by Sierra West models , I think. When I found the kits on there website I asked about just doing the depot, they never replied to my question. Not an exact copy but appears pattenered after the Grass Valley depot.

      I am building NCNGRR in HOn3 from Grass Valley to Nevada City . Small staging yard for the end at Colfax. Yes, we need more locomtives and cars from Blackstone in NCNGRR .

      Tom M.

    • empirita
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 3, 2012
        I recently finished scratch building the newer Chicago Park depot for my layout. Pictures here:

        http://sites.google.com/site/empirita/chicagopark2

        A while back I scratch built the Grass Valley Depot:

        http://sites.google.com/site/empirita/grassvalley

        David
      • Aaron
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 4, 2012
          Wow! Both of those depots look awesome! They are both exactly what I have in mind to build. Did you use Herman's plans for Chicago Park?

          The Grass Valley depot looks pretty big. Did you draw plans for it? What are the dimensions? I'm likely going to need to do a smaller version, or use the Sierra West Models version as Tom suggested.

          Thanks for sharing, Aaron

          --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "empirita" <empirita@...> wrote:

          > I recently finished scratch building the newer Chicago Park depot for my layout. Pictures here:
          >
          > http://sites.google.com/site/empirita/chicagopark2
          >
          > A while back I scratch built the Grass Valley Depot:
          >
          > http://sites.google.com/site/empirita/grassvalley
          >
          > David

        • empirita
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012
            I used Herman Darr's plan for the CP depot as a starting point and then used several photos to produce final building plans.

            The Grass Valley depot is around 150 scale feet long including the passenger passage. Yes, I made plans for the building.

            David

            --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron" <aaronsplawn@...> wrote:

            > Wow! Both of those depots look awesome! They are both exactly what I have in mind to build. Did you use Herman's plans for Chicago Park?
            >
            > The Grass Valley depot looks pretty big. Did you draw plans for it? What are the dimensions? I'm likely going to need to do a smaller version, or use the Sierra West Models version as Tom suggested.
            >
            > Thanks for sharing, Aaron

          • Aaron
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 8, 2012
              Both came out looking very nice! Very inspirational...

              Thank you for sharing...