SPNGHS 2012 conference, June 21-24 updates

  • dennisb60
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25 2:43 AM
      We are 2 months away from this years conference and everything seems to be going
      very well.(knock on wood)

      We have just completed our schedule of clinics and we have some great programs.

      I have listed them here:

      1)North Pacific Coast Railroad- Charlie Siebenthal
      2)San Joaquin & Sierra Nevada- Kyle Wyatt
      3)Presentation and tour of SJ&SN #2/ S.P. #1010- Randy Hees
      4)Taking field meashurements of SPng structures and rolling stock- Herman Darr
      5)From Carter Brothers to SPng... The SPC & SJ&SN cars sent to the Carson and
      Colorado- Randy Hees
      6)Hands on 2 box cars- SPC 472 representing Carters Brothers built and SPng #10
      after many SP rebuilds- Randy Hees
      7)Modeling box cars- Jim Vail
      8)SPng wrap around the Bay- Santa Cruz and Felton, Santa Cruz Lumber, Monterey
      and Salinas Valley, and the first narrow gauge purchased by the S.P., the Pajaro
      Valley Railroad- Kyle Wyatt
      9)South Pacific Coast and Carter Brothers Builders- Randy Hees
      10)Carson and Colorado RR- Brian Norden
      11)SPng Owens Valley- Dennis Burke

      As you can see we have some great folks conducting these presentations.

      Remember other activities include round table sessions, fundraiser BBQ, business
      meeting, as well as 2 steam train rides,1)Niles Canyon Railway, our own special
      train for the conference on this one, and 2)Roaring Camp & Big Trees NG. While
      at Roaring Camp RR we will also attempt to search out any rolling stock remains
      from the SPng that were delivered there in the early 1960's.
      Dont forget our visit to Jims Vails Model Railroad. Personally I cannot wait for
      this one! I have been following Jims modeling tips for years now.

      Remember to bring those railroad photos and artifacts to share. We will have
      plenty of RR Historians on board to answer your questions.

      I have also been notified by Randy Hees that trains will be running at Ardenwood
      beginning Thursday at 12 noon for those that arrive early and the Patterson
      Historic House will be open as well.

      Also before the Niles Canyon ride you will have a chance to visit the restored
      Centerville Depot in Fremont if you wish.

      IMPORTANT..........IMPORTANT..........IMPORTANT
      This is the time when things become very busy here at the office for Christy. IT
      REALLY HELPS IF YOU GET YOUR REGISTRATION FORMS IN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. WE HAVE
      TO GET THE CORRECT NUMBER OF PROGRAMS MADE UP AS WELL AS NAME TAGS PRINTED AMONG
      THE OTHER DUTIES.
      ALSO THE DEPOSIT FOR THE ROARING CAMP RIDE NEEDS TO BE RECIEVED BY MAY 21ST.

      Check out current conference updates and schedule on our website set up by
      Andrew Brandon at spnghs.org. Our Editor Brian Norden, AKA Webmaster in
      training, is doing a great job at keeping this site updated.

      I am looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones, see ya soon!!!!

      Dennis