Re: Where Was the Glenbrook Carbarn? (NC Traction Co.)

  • Win Rogers
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2011
      Thanks for your reply, Mark. I appreciate the old maps you showed me.

      There is an historical kiosk on Sutton Way at the edge of the shopping
      center (off Brunswick Rd) with a sketchy map that shows approximately
      where the NCNG and Traction tracks were. I was intrigued to see that the
      Traction tracks jogged North at Brunswick and went through our
      neighborhood, so I was glad to find the larger map on the internet. It
      makes sense to me because the detour through the Glenwood area makes for
      a gentler rise up to the Town Talk summit than the relatively steeper
      Nevada City Highway.

      =======
      http://www.pctools.com/
      =======