Re: Where Was the Glenbrook Carbarn? (NC Traction Co.)

  • The Other Mark
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22 7:52 PM
    I haven't been in the area in years, but that looks about right, Win.
    Beyond the old fairgrounds site, and just about where the NCTC curved
    back toward the east across what is now the Nevada City Highway as it
    approached the summit of Town Talk. I've lost all my maps of the
    area, and my NCNG books are stored away, but I think that seems
    reasonable.

    http://goo.gl/HkR5y

    If you zoom in to the Glenbrook area on this old map, it looks like it fits:
    http://tinyurl.com/3g2wqyq

    http://maps.csuchico.edu:9001/StyleServer/calcrgn?browser=win_ie&cat=Maps&item=/CA_2901.sid&wid=520&hei=500&style=default/view.xsl

    --
    The Other Mark

    Message 2 of 2 , Apr 22 9:43 PM
      Thanks for your reply, Mark. I appreciate the old maps you showed me.

      There is an historical kiosk on Sutton Way at the edge of the shopping
      center (off Brunswick Rd) with a sketchy map that shows approximately
      where the NCNG and Traction tracks were. I was intrigued to see that the
      Traction tracks jogged North at Brunswick and went through our
      neighborhood, so I was glad to find the larger map on the internet. It
      makes sense to me because the detour through the Glenwood area makes for
      a gentler rise up to the Town Talk summit than the relatively steeper
      Nevada City Highway.

      =======
      http://www.pctools.com/
      =======