Re: RMC Article about Box Car 36 (32)

  • dennisivison
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 16, 2011
      I should have mentioned this in my earlier post, but it is fantastic when here-to-fore unknown photos of a much beloved railroad suddenly turn up.

      Dennis
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 16, 2011
        For those that have not seen the image, there is a version available online.

        I assume this is the same photo in question, I've not gotten my hands on the article yet.

        -=Andrew Brandon=-
        http://www.pacificng.com

      • dennisivison
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 18, 2011
          Andrew,
          Thanks for posting the link. Yes that's the photo, there is an enlarged image in the article as well that shows the details of the car pretty well, along with a scale drawing.

          I went ahead and sliced off everything that didn't belong on the car (according to the photo), changed the end door openings from rt. to lt. I did add NCNG style ladders to the ends as opposed to the individual grabs though. I know that the drawing shows the car as built in 1880 with grabs, but I model 1912, so I took some modelers license here... I wonder if the car was even around by 1912?

          Next up, does anyone know where I can get some drawings/plans of the fruit cars?

          Dennis