Reminder: Layouts Needed For Sn3 Symposium (So. Calif.)

  • Bob C
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2010
      The Twenty-Sixth Annual Sn3 Symposium ( http://www.sn3-2011.com/ ) will take place in Monrovia, CA, in February 2011. The Symposium will feature modeling clinics, presentations, exhibits, vendor sales and layout tours.

      I'm organizing the layout tours. If you have an operating layout in ANY scale (Standard or Narrow Gauge) I'd like to have you display it as part of this event. We are especially looking for quality layouts with prominent narrow gauge, mining or logging elements. The tour area will cover Imperial, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego and Ventura Counties.

      Tour dates and times are:

      Feb. 17 (Thursday) - Afternoon and evening
      Feb. 18 (Friday) - 12:00 to 6:00
      Feb. 19 (Saturday) - 12:00 to 6:00
      Feb. 20 (Sunday) - Morning and afternoon

      Owners would be expected to display their layout for four hours (more if they so wish) on any day or days above.

      This layout tour will be sponsored by the Symposium and my Yahoo group, Model Railroads of Southern California. This will be the twenty-third tour sponsored by my group since 2006. The usual format used by my group will apply, that is, the tour will be self-guided and free, and I'll provide the publicity, schedules and maps.

      If you interested in having your layout on this tour, please contact me OFF LIST at:

      chiefbobbb@...

      If you have any questions before committing to the tour, please feel free to contact me. I hope you'll join with other area layout owners and show your layout to your fellow model railroaders.

      Thank you.

      Bob Chaparro
      Moderator
      Model Railroads of Southern California