NCNGRR Shipments (Yearly)

  • leal
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2010
      I would like yearly records of the NCNGRR shipments (tonnage) including both mining and agricultural shipments. Or, a lead to a source of information. Passenger totals also. Any breakdown into further details, (ie, by different fruit, etc.) also appreciated. thanks
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 27, 2010
        Sadly such information is going to be tough to come by. Most of the NCNG records went up in smoke with the Grass Valley depot. There are a handful of expense books and other documents that I have not yet been able to read through.

        I can however give you this:
        http://www.pacificng.com/template.php?page=/ref/comrep/index.htm

        I spent some time compiling the state railroad commission reports. While I have more to find, nearly all of them from 1876 to 1922 is available. These reports will list income totals and other pieces of information which will help you find what you're looking for in a general sense. Specific breakdowns of freight types would have been noted in NCNG records, which as I mentioned perished many years ago. Currently I don't have much more to help you, but I will note anything I find on PacificNG.

        -=Andrew Brandon=-
        http://www.pacificng.com