West Side flat #265 restoration at NCNGRR museum

  • loosecaboose1
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2009
      West Side flat #265 restoration is progressing well. Mike Flarity and I had totally stripped this car down to it's basic metal parts since it was just the termites holding hands keeping it together by the time I got to it last May. We essentially began rebuilding the car were it collapse. Thus far all six of the long sills are bolted down to the new body bolsters and needle beams. The draft gear sills and the link and pin coupler have been reattached and the car which was being worked on outside was moved into the train barn for the winter. The tendons have been cut and the mortus work is presently being done on the end sills. I hope to get these on tomorrow (1 Dec) and tie the car together with the two lateral truss rods. John C