Kudos to John Christensen

  • gauge18rr
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 18, 2009
      A recent award was given to John Christensen for his work on the NCNG museum.

      He was a key person to getting the #3 back up in Gold Country.

      http://www.theunion.com/article/20091118/NEWS/911179984/1001&parentprofile=1053

      Recent news over at NSRM in Carson City has it that they are going to revive the restoration of the Glenbrook. Both that engine and the NCNG engine have practically the same boiler. It might be nice to get a new boiler for the 3 now, at the same time as the Glenbrook.

      Just an idear.
      O.
    • gauge18rr
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 18, 2009
        And of course, I mean the Number 5 as the engine in Nevada City.!

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 18, 2009
          Olin,

          The Glenbrook will not be getting a completely new boiler, she is only having a few courses and the smokebox replaced. The rest of the boiler will use original materials.

          -=Andrew Brandon=-

        • Randy Hees
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 18, 2009
            NSRM is not replacing the boiler on the Glenbrook...
            Instead they are replacing boiler courses and tube sheets, retaining the fire box... So no opportunity for a second boiler for #5...

            Randy Hees

            > Recent news over at NSRM in Carson City has it that they are going
            to revive the restoration of the Glenbrook. Both that engine and the NCNG engine have practically the same boiler. It might be nice to get a new boiler for the 3 now, at the same time as the Glenbrook.

            > Just an idear.

            O.

          • gauge18rr
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 19, 2009
              Thanks for the clarification Randy and Andrew! Oh well, so much for a new boiler for the 5.

              Does anyone know how the odd little 13 is working out at the NCNG museum?
              O.