Calhoun Cars

  • dennisivison
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2009
      For those of us that model O-scale Lindberg has re-released their "San Francisco Cable Car". The box lists it as 1/25 scale, and their web site as 1/48, it is actually 1/48, I received mine yesterday and scaled it out. I've included a link.

      I don't know if it is completely accurate for a Calhoun Car, but it sure looks close to the pictures I've seen. Were these left in the original United Railways paint scheme, or repainted and renumbered?

      http://www.lindberg-models.com/land_model72162.html

      Dennis Ivison
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2009
        Dennis,

        Judging by the few photos I've seen of them, and keeping their 15 year service life in mind I would say they were repainted a couple times. I would suspect they wore something similar to the NCNG passenger cars wore during this time.

        I have put up images of these cars over on pacificng:
        http://www.pacificng.com/imglib/main.php?g2_itemId=357

        Enjoy!