New Member Note

  • RAYMOND GLISSMAN
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2009
      Hi:
      My name is R. LeRoy Glissman. At one time I lived on Maryland Dr. in Grass Valley. Our property ran up next to the right of way, just around the corner from the turn table.

      When I am in GrassValley next time, I plan to drop by the NCNGRR museum. I have some bills of lading from the NCNGRR dating from 1897 that I want to donate. I am a HO model railroader and love the NCNGRR. Back in 1970's our model RR club walked nearly the whole right of way from Colfax to Nevada City, except the private propertys.
      Thanks
      R. LeRoy Glissman
    • aaronsplawn
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 13, 2009
        Glad to have you on board with us. Do you still live in the area???

        Take care, Aaron Splawn (Roseville, Ca)

        --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, RAYMOND GLISSMAN <corkcrafter@...> wrote:

        > Hi:
        > My name is R. LeRoy Glissman. At one time I lived on Maryland Dr. in Grass Valley. Our property ran up next to the right of way, just around the corner from the turn table.
        >
        > When I am in GrassValley next time, I plan to drop by the NCNGRR museum. I have some bills of lading from the NCNGRR dating from 1897 that I want to donate. I am a HO model railroader and love the NCNGRR. Back in 1970's our model RR club walked nearly the whole right of way from Colfax to Nevada City, except the private propertys.
        > Thanks
        > R. LeRoy Glissman

      • RAYMOND GLISSMAN
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 13, 2009
          Hi:
          I live in Pollock Pines, Ca. East of Placerville.
          R. LeRoy Glissman

          Glad to have you on board with us. Do you still live in the area???

          Take care, Aaron Splawn (Roseville, Ca)

          --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups. com, RAYMOND GLISSMAN <corkcrafter@ ...> wrote:

          > Hi:
          > My name is R. LeRoy Glissman. At one time I lived on Maryland Dr. in Grass Valley. Our property ran up next to the right of way, just around the corner from the turn table.
          >
          > When I am in GrassValley next time, I plan to drop by the NCNGRR museum. I have some bills of lading from the NCNGRR dating from 1897 that I want to donate. I am a HO model railroader and love the NCNGRR. Back in 1970's our model RR club walked nearly the whole right of way from Colfax to Nevada City, except the private propertys.
          > Thanks
          > R. LeRoy Glissman

        • Jim Blain
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 13, 2009
            What is the story on the Argent ng loco and railroad t NV City ?

            Incidently, if any one is  interested in a DVD on the West Side Lbr Co ( 1958) and Southern Pacific Narrow Gauge, I have two professionally digitized DVDs for sale. These DVDs are converted 8mm color movies with Dolby sound. If interested, I have a small number for sale , for the Christmas season. Please contact  me if interested.

            Jim  Blain

            Scotts Valley, CA

            Glad to have you on board with us. Do you still live in the area???

            Take care, Aaron Splawn (Roseville, Ca)

            --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups. com, RAYMOND GLISSMAN <corkcrafter@ ...> wrote:

            > Hi:
            > My name is R. LeRoy Glissman. At one time I lived on Maryland Dr. in Grass Valley. Our property ran up next to the right of way, just around the corner from the turn table.
            >
            > When I am in GrassValley next time, I plan to drop by the NCNGRR museum. I have some bills of lading from the NCNGRR dating from 1897 that I want to donate. I am a HO model railroader and love the NCNGRR. Back in 1970's our model RR club walked nearly the whole right of way from Colfax to Nevada City, except the private propertys.
            > Thanks
            > R. LeRoy Glissman

          • gauge18rr
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 18, 2009
              Last I saw they all were still sitting there as they have been, with the 2' gauge running during the tourist season. The Argent engine and its two 3' gauge coaches have been available from a railroad equipment seller, since this summer.
              http://www.trains-trams-trolleys.com/home/3037.htm
              O.