Re: Chicago Park Fruit Shed

    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2009
      Olin,

      Any traces of the fruit shed are likely long gone now, the building
      has been being rebuilt over the past few months into a larger
      building. Keep in mind previously the only parts that survived were a
      section of the roof and possibly a wall that had been rebuilt. There
      was never enough to get a good drawing, Herman Darr may have some
      info. Another source could be the valuation maps, it seems that my
      copies I had made are not clear enough to read, I will see about
      digging that info up.

      -=Andrew Brandon=-
    • gauge18rr
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10, 2009
        Okay Andrew,
        Does anyone have drawings? Do you know how much it was rebuilt? Is there a good overall photo from the railroad era? I only recall shots that show the loading dock.
        If walls remain in original locations, there has to be some value. I thing there are a handful of footings still in place from the loading dock.
        Thanks-
        O.