Chicago Park Fruit Shed

  • gauge18rr
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2009
      Does anyone have drawings of the Chicago Park fruit shed? Since the building is still standing, I think it would be a worthwhile project...
      O. Anderson
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2009
        Olin,

        Any traces of the fruit shed are likely long gone now, the building
        has been being rebuilt over the past few months into a larger
        building. Keep in mind previously the only parts that survived were a
        section of the roof and possibly a wall that had been rebuilt. There
        was never enough to get a good drawing, Herman Darr may have some
        info. Another source could be the valuation maps, it seems that my
        copies I had made are not clear enough to read, I will see about
        digging that info up.

        -=Andrew Brandon=-
      • gauge18rr
        Message 3 of 3 , May 10, 2009
          Okay Andrew,
          Does anyone have drawings? Do you know how much it was rebuilt? Is there a good overall photo from the railroad era? I only recall shots that show the loading dock.
          If walls remain in original locations, there has to be some value. I thing there are a handful of footings still in place from the loading dock.
          Thanks-
          O.