2009 Carson and Colorado Conv

  • Dennis Burke
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8 10:03 AM
      Hello everyone, thought I would pass this on to your group. The 2009
      CARSON and COLORADO RR Convention sponsered by the SPNG Historical Society is
      May 14th to the 18th in the Dayton, Carson City, and Virginia City area of
      Neveda, the Famed Comstock Lode.

      We have 4 days of activities planned:
      Tour ROW from Mound House out stopping at various C&C locations.
      Several clinics including the C&C, SPNG, Dayton Depot, modeling, ect.
      Tour of the NSRM backshops where most of the C&C/SPNG equipment is stored.
      Tour of the Dayton Depot and other RR related locations in Dayton.
      Our own chartered Virginia and Truckee RR train for a ride through the Comstock
      Area.
      Tour the past and present V&T shops in V.C. and much more.

      The cost of the convention is $25.00 for SPNG members and $30.00 for a
      non-member.
      Membership to the Society is $20.00
      Train ride cost is an additional $9.00 and entrance to museum tour is $3.00

      Our home base will be the Gold Dust West Hotel in Carson City where we have
      reserved rooms at a special rate of $75.00 plus 10% tax. There # is
      775-885-9000. The rooms are filling up fast.

      Some of our presenters:
      Brian Nordan-SPNG/C&C Historian-SPNG Journal Editor
      James Saylor-SPNG/C&C Historian
      Stave VanDanburgh-RR Historian
      Laura and Stoney Tennent- Dayton Historical Society
      Dave Mull-Carson and Colorado RR Inc.
      Tom Gray-Virginia and Truckee RR Owner
      Paul Vaughn-Model RR Manufacturer
      Nevada State Railroad Museum Staff

      We will also have a few Model RR Vendors.

      If you are subscribed to the SPNG Yahoo site you can download the schedule and
      registration form. If not you can contact Dennis Burke at (707)262-1824 or at
      pineconelumberng@... for more info or mail-outs.

      The Spng Historical Society was orginized to preserve the heritage of the Narrow
      Gauge Lines of the Southern Pacific RR, with the primary emphasis on the Carson
      and Colorado, Nevada and Cal., and the SPNG line known as the Keeler Branch.
      Being that the V&T is the Parent RR of these lines we have included activities
      involving the V&T RR

      Hope to see some of you soon Dennis Burke