Grass Valley Car Repair Shed Model Completed

  • empirita
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2009
      Since this group has been so quiet lately, I thought I would post a
      link to some pictures of my latest completed project, the Grass Valley
      Car Repair Shed.

      http://empirita.googlepages.com/chicagopark2

      This is an HO scale model not HOn3. I know to some of you this is
      disgusting but it makes my life easier. I take inspiration from the
      NCNG and add a generous helping of modeler's license. I do have a
      modeler's license. I picked it up at the Portland OR narrow gauge
      convention.

      David
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 2009
        David,

        First time have heard or seen your layout pictures.
        Nice job on he machine shop.
        Where do you live?

        Mark
        Grass Valley, CA

        --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "empirita" <empirita@...> wrote:

        > Since this group has been so quiet lately, I thought I would post a
        > link to some pictures of my latest completed project, the Grass Valley
        > Car Repair Shed.
        >
        > http://empirita.googlepages.com/chicagopark2
        >
        > This is an HO scale model not HOn3. I know to some of you this is
        > disgusting but it makes my life easier. I take inspiration from the
        > NCNG and add a generous helping of modeler's license. I do have a
        > modeler's license. I picked it up at the Portland OR narrow gauge
        > convention.
        >
        > David

      • carcrazy832
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2009
          David -
          Thanks for sharing your car repair shop model, it looks great. I
          visited the area several times when I was young and there were
          little stubs of narrow gauge rails sticking out from under the
          doors. I can remember as a kid peeking through a crack in the North
          end door trying to see something in the darkened interior. I was
          sure there must be an old narrow gauge steam engine hidden in
          there. Of course the building was empty.

          Your layout is very impressive. Your Grass Valley depot is very
          nice. Is it styrene or wood?

          Brian
          --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "empirita" <empirita@...> wrote:

          > Since this group has been so quiet lately, I thought I would post a
          > link to some pictures of my latest completed project, the Grass
          Valley
          > Car Repair Shed.
          >
          > http://empirita.googlepages.com/chicagopark2
          >
          > This is an HO scale model not HOn3. I know to some of you this is
          > disgusting but it makes my life easier. I take inspiration from
          the
          > NCNG and add a generous helping of modeler's license. I do have a
          > modeler's license. I picked it up at the Portland OR narrow gauge
          > convention.
          >
          > David

        • empirita
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 7, 2009
            I am located near Chehalis WA. My family used to have a place on top
            of Osborne Hill (near Union Hill/Cedar Ridge). I have been modeling
            the NCNG since the early 70's. I haven't publicize my layout or
            modeling except to friends and those that attend my operating sessions.

            The Grass Valley depot is wood. The windows and doors are custom
            laser cut plywood.

            David