Moderator, anyone?

  • Harry Marnell
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2008
      Would anyone on the list be interested in being one of the group's
      moderators? Basically all that's usually involved is approving messages
      from new members. All "newbies" are automagically put on moderated status
      until they've sent a couple messages, which helps ensure that someone hasn't
      joined simply to spam the group.

      Right now I'm the group owner and there's only one co-moderator (available
      only part time), and if I were to get hit by a truck tomorrow, or go on
      vacation, there might be nobody to "mind the store." One or even two
      co-moderators would probably be a good idea. With its low volume most of
      the time, it usually means getting maybe one or two messages a month that
      need to be approved (or rejected). If you're already a moderator for a
      yahoogroup, so much the better, but it's a simple deal that most anyone can
      do, as long as you're online at least a few times a week, preferably daily.

      Anyone who's interested please email me offlist - groupsmail@...

      Thanks,

      Harry Marnell
    • Harry Marnell
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 21, 2008
        Geez, I wasn't expecting so many responses on a Sunday night! I've added
        two moderators to the group, and I think I'll hold it there for right now
        unless we end up needing to add or replace someone.

        Thanks for all the "offers," folks. Anyone else who's responded, I'll be
        sure to keep you in mind.

        Garry