Colfax Railroad Days coming up

  • gauge18rr
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2008
      This upcoming weekend. According to a craigslist post there will be train rides available. I
      wonder if this is one of those roving 12" gauge steam locomotives, or maybe a little G-12
      diesel running in a loop. Not the NCNG, anyway. Yet.

      (from the craigslist post, below)

      This two day celebration which is free for the whole family features:
      • A huge Antique Model Train displays at Sierra Vista Community Center
      • Living History Demonstrations about China Camp, Quilting, Lacemaking, Tatting,
      Weaving, Candlemaking, Blacksmith and Tomahawk Throwing
      • Pony, Wagon and Train Rides
      • Live Music by Begin Family Fiddlers, Mary Walker and Tim Ackerman
      • Thunderfoot Cloggers
      • Gold Panning
      • History Walks
      • Scarecrows
      • Stroll through Town in Period Attire and Schyler Colfax Look-alike Contest

      Saturday only:
      • Colfax Area Business Fair
      Main St. Quilt Show

      Sunday only:
      • Art and Antiques show at Roy Tom's Plaza
      • Old-fashioned Community Picnic Games
      You may also get a ride on horse drawn wagons to all these nearby venues.