Re: snow question

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18, 2008
      Mike,

      Snow in Colfax is usually rather light as it sits around 2,400 foot
      elevation. A "typical" snow storm here in the Sierras will drop down
      to around 2,500ft, so Colfax will get light dusting, maybe a few
      inches but only rarely does it any signifigant snow. Colfax's town
      slogan is "Colfax: Above The Fog, Below The Snow" after all. :)
      I have seen a handful of photos showing snow in Colfax and I believe I
      have 2 or 3 NCNG related ones in my collection none of them seem show
      more than patches of snow on the ground.
      If I remember to bring a couple photos to work next week I'll scan
      them for you as I don't have a scanner at home.

      -Andrew-
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 18, 2008
        thanks Andrew,, it helps considerably,, Off to make snow now
        hehehehehehe

        Mike D

        --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Brandon" <andrew.brandon@...>