snow question

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18, 2008
      While woring on the NCNG project for trainz, someone asked for a winder
      route too.

      so here is a weather related question to you all who live there.

      when the Snows hit hardest,and burys grass valley and Nevada city, How
      is Colfax affected??

      the books always say about the first two, but fail to mention the snow
      impact on Colfax!
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 18, 2008
        Mike,

        Snow in Colfax is usually rather light as it sits around 2,400 foot
        elevation. A "typical" snow storm here in the Sierras will drop down
        to around 2,500ft, so Colfax will get light dusting, maybe a few
        inches but only rarely does it any signifigant snow. Colfax's town
        slogan is "Colfax: Above The Fog, Below The Snow" after all. :)
        I have seen a handful of photos showing snow in Colfax and I believe I
        have 2 or 3 NCNG related ones in my collection none of them seem show
        more than patches of snow on the ground.
        If I remember to bring a couple photos to work next week I'll scan
        them for you as I don't have a scanner at home.

        -Andrew-
      • Mike
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 18, 2008
          thanks Andrew,, it helps considerably,, Off to make snow now
          hehehehehehe

          Mike D

          --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Brandon" <andrew.brandon@...>