Re: Re: Overhead crane at Nevada City, one last comment

  • EANDPNG@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 15, 2008
      I found the following in the 1912 California Railroad Commission report
      on the NCNG.

      Nevada City traveling crane, wood frame with four wheel truck, four 12"
      diameter cast iron wheels, 25' long 8' spread 1902+
      Built by PG&E Co (Pacific Gas & Electric) for their convenience in
      unloading from flats onto wagons and vice versa, but
      left to NCNGRR when hauling was finished by PG&E Co and still in use by
      NCNGRR.

      Cheers,
      Greg Maxwell
    • EANDPNG@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 15, 2008
        Doug,
        I also found this in the 1912 valuation regarding the freight portion
        of the Nevada City depot,
        "Not painted nor sealed or lined inside"
        Greg