Re: Re: Overhead crane at Nevada City?

  • eabracher@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 14, 2008
      Looks similar to Rio Grande Models overhead crane #3027-LO $15.00

      **************
    • EANDPNG@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 14, 2008
        Sorry about that Eric, I knew I had seen one someplace.
        Greg

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 14, 2008
          Learn something New every day in this group :D

          That was something i was totally un aware of at the Nevada City Depot.
          Even In 1984 Model ralroad focus on Nevada City it is not mentioned
          at all.

        • EANDPNG@AOL.COM
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 15, 2008
            I found the following in the 1912 California Railroad Commission report
            on the NCNG.

            Nevada City traveling crane, wood frame with four wheel truck, four 12"
            diameter cast iron wheels, 25' long 8' spread 1902+
            Built by PG&E Co (Pacific Gas & Electric) for their convenience in
            unloading from flats onto wagons and vice versa, but
            left to NCNGRR when hauling was finished by PG&E Co and still in use by
            NCNGRR.

            Cheers,
            Greg Maxwell
          • EANDPNG@AOL.COM
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 15, 2008
              Doug,
              I also found this in the 1912 valuation regarding the freight portion
              of the Nevada City depot,
              "Not painted nor sealed or lined inside"
              Greg