Maybe Something of interest to the community, NCNG Time table.

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8, 2008
      Time Table 53, Friday June 14th, 1895

      http://www.pbase.com/dasredbaron/ncng_time_table_

      I hope that link will take you there.

      A friend called me and told me about this, A 12 hour drive later
      confirmed he was telling me the truth in what he had Found. Found
      this in an Alabama antique store recently, for $20.00.
      Is it an original, I have no idea, It is on 1/8 hard cardboard, not
      wood, but not just cardboard,
      it is 27inch by 16.75 inches,, an odd size I thought.

      One of the city's on it I have never heard of, "HOLMS"

      Just think though, 2 hours to go 22.5 miles, and that was considered
      fast back then!!!

      Anyone know how many time tables like this survived from the NCNG or
      may be at the Museum? I would like to see one fromthe late 30's. Are
      any others the same size?

      Take a glance,, May be of some help to early time NCNG Fan.

      Mike
    • empirita
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2008
        Mike,

        I have sent you a couple of emails regarding 2 of your requests.
        Please contact me off list at:

        empirita @ yahoo . com

        David
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 9, 2008
          Mike,

          Holms should be a small shelter similar to Union Hill. It had no depot
          proper and would have been little more than what we would call a bus
          stop. Also note Holms is about 1.5 miles from the Grass Valley depot,
          this should had put it close to the site of the famed Circus Train
          wreck which was between Union Hill and Grass Valley.

          -Andrew-