Re: New Member

  • flobarchetti
    Message 1 of 14 , May 12, 2008
      Tony,

      when you are looking for information about NCNG and particular the
      whaleback tender of No. 8, "The 2007 Narrow Gauge Annual", "The 2007
      Modelers Annual" and "The 2008 Narrow Gauge Annual" published by
      Westlake are a must have. The 2007 Modelers Annual features the
      drawing of the whaleback tender made by Al Armitage besides a couple
      of photos of No.8 and a lot of drawings of other rolling stock. The
      other Annuals are very good source for photos of the NCNG in general.
      (Some of them never published before)

      Not to mention G. Best's "Nevada County Narrow Gauge" book that
      provides a load of photos and history as well.

      Hope my informations are helpful

      Florian

      Almost forgot - an other post mentions a drawing of No.7 made by Ed
      Gebhardt. Although the whaleback tender was attached to No.7 for a
      while, this drawing shows the tender that came from No.6 and is quite
      unique in design.

      --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "trw1089" <trweber@...> wrote:

      > Hi all
      >
      > I'm a new member to the Yahoo group and have a growing interest in the
      > NCNG and am currently building/kitbashing a G gauge model of NCNG
      > No.8. I've managed to find quite a few good photos of the old girl,
      > but am really after some good drawings if anyone knows of them,
      > especially of the tender.
      >
      > If anyone knows of a magazine or web link or even has an electronic
      > version they would be willing to share, feel free to contact me.
      >
      > Cheers
      > Tony

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 14 , May 26, 2008
        NCNG 8 tender

        Would you like me to post the drawing of her tender here in the forum?
      • trw1089
        Message 3 of 14 , May 27, 2008
          --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <dasredbaron@...> wrote:

          > NCNG 8 tender
          >
          > Would you like me to post the drawing of her tender here in the forum?

          Hi Mike

          Thanks for the offer. I've already been sent a copy by another very
          kind member, and it just so happens that today I picked up the very
          last copy of the Modeller's Annual with No.8's tender drawing, plus
          lots of excellent pics and other wonderful NCNG drawings. It was only
          put back on the shelf yesterday at a railway bookshop in the city I
          was visiting as someone had asked for it to be put aside but didn't
          come to pick it. What a shame!!

          I'm sure others would be glad to see a copy of the drawing though if
          you did want to post it as I noticed a few people had asked the
          question before I had (note to self, search posts before posting in
          future!).

          Cheers
          Tony
        • LeeRainey@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , May 27, 2008
            In a message dated 5/27/2008 12:39:02 AM Eastern Standard Time, dasredbaron@... writes:

            NCNG 8 tender

            Would you like me to post the drawing of her tender here in the forum?

            yes

            Lee Rainey

          • flobarchetti
            Message 5 of 14 , May 27, 2008
              Hi all!

              Talking about NCNG 8 tender, does anybody have an idea what was used
              for the decking?

              For the tender frame, I guess (please correct me when I am wrong)
              they used U-shaped steel bars.

              Florian