Re: New Member

  • trw1089
    Message 1 of 14 , May 8, 2008
      Thanks for letting me know Greg. I presume that drawing isn't in the
      public domain, but would you know how I could go about obtaining a
      copy? Feel free to contact me off list if that makes it easier.

      Cheers
      Tony

      Message 2 of 14 , May 8, 2008
        Tony,

        I was a bit absent minded last night and forgot to post a message
        about the annual.
        What you are looking for is the 2008 Modeler's Annual, they might
        still have copies if you call that number I posted yesterday.
        However, the Modeler's Annuals if you've never purchased one are pricy
        but well worth it, the 2008 edition is loaded with NCNG plans and
        photos although I did note a couple blatantly wrong captions.

        -=Andrew=-
      • flobarchetti
        Message 3 of 14 , May 12, 2008
          Tony,

          when you are looking for information about NCNG and particular the
          whaleback tender of No. 8, "The 2007 Narrow Gauge Annual", "The 2007
          Modelers Annual" and "The 2008 Narrow Gauge Annual" published by
          Westlake are a must have. The 2007 Modelers Annual features the
          drawing of the whaleback tender made by Al Armitage besides a couple
          of photos of No.8 and a lot of drawings of other rolling stock. The
          other Annuals are very good source for photos of the NCNG in general.
          (Some of them never published before)

          Not to mention G. Best's "Nevada County Narrow Gauge" book that
          provides a load of photos and history as well.

          Hope my informations are helpful

          Florian

          Almost forgot - an other post mentions a drawing of No.7 made by Ed
          Gebhardt. Although the whaleback tender was attached to No.7 for a
          while, this drawing shows the tender that came from No.6 and is quite
          unique in design.

          --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "trw1089" <trweber@...> wrote:

          > Hi all
          >
          > I'm a new member to the Yahoo group and have a growing interest in the
          > NCNG and am currently building/kitbashing a G gauge model of NCNG
          > No.8. I've managed to find quite a few good photos of the old girl,
          > but am really after some good drawings if anyone knows of them,
          > especially of the tender.
          >
          > If anyone knows of a magazine or web link or even has an electronic
          > version they would be willing to share, feel free to contact me.
          >
          > Cheers
          > Tony

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 14 , May 26, 2008
            NCNG 8 tender

            Would you like me to post the drawing of her tender here in the forum?
          • trw1089
            Message 5 of 14 , May 27, 2008
              --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <dasredbaron@...> wrote:

              > NCNG 8 tender
              >
              > Would you like me to post the drawing of her tender here in the forum?

              Hi Mike

              Thanks for the offer. I've already been sent a copy by another very
              kind member, and it just so happens that today I picked up the very
              last copy of the Modeller's Annual with No.8's tender drawing, plus
              lots of excellent pics and other wonderful NCNG drawings. It was only
              put back on the shelf yesterday at a railway bookshop in the city I
              was visiting as someone had asked for it to be put aside but didn't
              come to pick it. What a shame!!

              I'm sure others would be glad to see a copy of the drawing though if
              you did want to post it as I noticed a few people had asked the
              question before I had (note to self, search posts before posting in
              future!).

              Cheers
              Tony
            • LeeRainey@aol.com
              Message 6 of 14 , May 27, 2008
                In a message dated 5/27/2008 12:39:02 AM Eastern Standard Time, dasredbaron@... writes:

                NCNG 8 tender

                Would you like me to post the drawing of her tender here in the forum?

                yes

                Lee Rainey

              • flobarchetti
                Message 7 of 14 , May 27, 2008
                  Hi all!

                  Talking about NCNG 8 tender, does anybody have an idea what was used
                  for the decking?

                  For the tender frame, I guess (please correct me when I am wrong)
                  they used U-shaped steel bars.

                  Florian