Re: Available Equipment in HOn3?

  • Dennis Burke
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2007
      --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "ogdentowebercanyon"
      <ogdentowebercanyon@...> wrote:

      > What NCNG equipment is available in HOn3? I would like to build a
      very
      > small layout with one engine and a few crs such as flats, boxcars,
      and
      > a passenger car for a mixed train. Does anyone make kits for the
      cars
      > in HOn3. I think Westside made an engine, did anyone else? Thanks.
      >
      > Jason

      Jason, both Rio Grande Models (kit #3052) and Labelle make a
      boxcar kit for the ex Florence and Cripple RR whick N.C.N.G. recieved
      i believe through the N.C.O. I have built several of both models and
      there are great kits. Labelle you can order with N.C.N.G. decals or
      you can order decals from Republic Locomotive Works, set #249. These
      decals set great if done properly. Also i believe Taurus Products
      sells a conoco tank car kit which is very close to N.C.N,G, kit#306.
      You may also want to oder plans from Herman Darr of N.C.N.G. rolling
      stock. Im a S.P.N.G modeler and the two used some of the same
      equipment. As for passenger rolling stock i have not seen any kits,
      thou there are plans out there. Some of these are ex S.P.C., Cal. and
      Nev., and Carson and Colorado. Narrow Gauge Gazzette has plans for
      some as well as Darr. Darr also has a plan for the snowplow called
      the "Cyclops" As for the flat cars i am reading that Carter Brothers
      built 1-13 in 1875. (N.C.N.G. BY Best) Rio Grande Models also has a
      great kit for these. Rio Grande also has the kit for the rotary
      snowplow. I have a copy of Darrs plans list if you would like it.
      All of the above is in HOn3
      Hope this is of some help. Please feel free to contact me on my e-
      mail if you would like for any addresses

      Dennis Lakeport Ca