Available Equipment in HOn3?

  • ogdentowebercanyon
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2007
      What NCNG equipment is available in HOn3? I would like to build a very
      small layout with one engine and a few crs such as flats, boxcars, and
      a passenger car for a mixed train. Does anyone make kits for the cars
      in HOn3. I think Westside made an engine, did anyone else? Thanks.

      Jason
    • Dennis Burke
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 25, 2007
        --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "ogdentowebercanyon"
        <ogdentowebercanyon@...> wrote:

        > What NCNG equipment is available in HOn3? I would like to build a
        very
        > small layout with one engine and a few crs such as flats, boxcars,
        and
        > a passenger car for a mixed train. Does anyone make kits for the
        cars
        > in HOn3. I think Westside made an engine, did anyone else? Thanks.
        >
        > Jason

        Jason, both Rio Grande Models (kit #3052) and Labelle make a
        boxcar kit for the ex Florence and Cripple RR whick N.C.N.G. recieved
        i believe through the N.C.O. I have built several of both models and
        there are great kits. Labelle you can order with N.C.N.G. decals or
        you can order decals from Republic Locomotive Works, set #249. These
        decals set great if done properly. Also i believe Taurus Products
        sells a conoco tank car kit which is very close to N.C.N,G, kit#306.
        You may also want to oder plans from Herman Darr of N.C.N.G. rolling
        stock. Im a S.P.N.G modeler and the two used some of the same
        equipment. As for passenger rolling stock i have not seen any kits,
        thou there are plans out there. Some of these are ex S.P.C., Cal. and
        Nev., and Carson and Colorado. Narrow Gauge Gazzette has plans for
        some as well as Darr. Darr also has a plan for the snowplow called
        the "Cyclops" As for the flat cars i am reading that Carter Brothers
        built 1-13 in 1875. (N.C.N.G. BY Best) Rio Grande Models also has a
        great kit for these. Rio Grande also has the kit for the rotary
        snowplow. I have a copy of Darrs plans list if you would like it.
        All of the above is in HOn3
        Hope this is of some help. Please feel free to contact me on my e-
        mail if you would like for any addresses

        Dennis Lakeport Ca