Re: Colfax Frut houses and station

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 13, 2007
      Whoops!!! I meant the Niles depot:

      Try this:

      http://nilesdepot.railfan.net/historicdrawings.html

      Doug Stuard

      --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Stuard" <dstuard@...> wrote:

      > The Centreville depot is very similar to Colfax and shares many
      > common dimensions. It was invaluable for my N-scale attempt:
      >
      > http://mysite.verizon.net/dstuard/images/CofaxatChantilly.jpg
      >
      > Check out:
      >
      > http://centervilledepot.railfan.net/historicdepotdrawings.html
      >
      > As to the fruit sheds, I've scaled my rough models from photos. If
      > someone has a better source, I'd welcome them.
      >
      > Doug Stuard
      > Reston, VA
      >

      > --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <dasredbaron@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi
      > >
      > > does anyone out there have plans /measurements to the Colfax
      > buildings?
      > >
      > > Looking for plans/measurements anything for the buildings there,
      > the
      > > Fruit sheds, The Station, The Monument,
      > > and also,, wehre was the Water pipe at? I see the tower on the
      > hill
      > > but never yet located the pipe.
      > > Second question, Looking for the layout of buildings, tanks
      and
      > > pipes at Oilville.
      > >
      > > thnaks all

    • empirita
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 14, 2007
        I have the plans I developed for both the Colfax passenger depot and
        the freight depot. The plans are based upon pictures and measurements
        I took. They are not exactly to scale as I used Grandt Line windows
        and doors.

        If you would like the CAD files for the plans, I can provide them.
        You will have to download a free DesignCAD viewer program in order to
        print them out.

        I would also like the plans for the fruit sheds. If no one has them I
        will probably just make a generic shed based upon pictures I took in
        the Rocklin area.

        David B.

        --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <dasredbaron@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > does anyone out there have plans /measurements to the Colfax buildings?
        >
        > Looking for plans/measurements anything for the buildings there, the
        > Fruit sheds, The Station, The Monument,
        > and also,, wehre was the Water pipe at? I see the tower on the hill
        > but never yet located the pipe.
        > Second question, Looking for the layout of buildings, tanks and
        > pipes at Oilville.
        >
        > thnaks all

      • Mike Davis
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 30, 2007
          Hi

          That would be a GREAT help, Thank you. Sort of hard
          to build a railroad in CA when you live in Texas!
          hehehehehe

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 6, 2007
            David,

            I would be interested as well. I built an N scale model of the depot
            based on measurements and photos,
            (http://mysite.verizon.net/dstuard/images/CofaxatChantilly.jpg) but
            have not done the freight depot. CAD drawings would be a big help!

            Doug Stuard
            Reston, VA
            dstuard@...

            > Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added
            security of spyware protection.