Colfax Frut houses and station

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2007
      Hi

      does anyone out there have plans /measurements to the Colfax buildings?

      Looking for plans/measurements anything for the buildings there, the
      Fruit sheds, The Station, The Monument,
      and also,, wehre was the Water pipe at? I see the tower on the hill
      but never yet located the pipe.
      Second question, Looking for the layout of buildings, tanks and
      pipes at Oilville.

      thnaks all
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 13, 2007
        Whoops!!! I meant the Niles depot:

        Try this:

        http://nilesdepot.railfan.net/historicdrawings.html

        Doug Stuard

        --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Stuard" <dstuard@...> wrote:

        > The Centreville depot is very similar to Colfax and shares many
        > common dimensions. It was invaluable for my N-scale attempt:
        >
        > http://mysite.verizon.net/dstuard/images/CofaxatChantilly.jpg
        >
        > Check out:
        >
        > http://centervilledepot.railfan.net/historicdepotdrawings.html
        >
        > As to the fruit sheds, I've scaled my rough models from photos. If
        > someone has a better source, I'd welcome them.
        >
        > Doug Stuard
        > Reston, VA
        >

        > --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <dasredbaron@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi
        > >
        > > does anyone out there have plans /measurements to the Colfax
        > buildings?
        > >
        > > Looking for plans/measurements anything for the buildings there,
        > the
        > > Fruit sheds, The Station, The Monument,
        > > and also,, wehre was the Water pipe at? I see the tower on the
        > hill
        > > but never yet located the pipe.
        > > Second question, Looking for the layout of buildings, tanks
        and
        > > pipes at Oilville.
        > >
        > > thnaks all

      • empirita
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 14, 2007
          I have the plans I developed for both the Colfax passenger depot and
          the freight depot. The plans are based upon pictures and measurements
          I took. They are not exactly to scale as I used Grandt Line windows
          and doors.

          If you would like the CAD files for the plans, I can provide them.
          You will have to download a free DesignCAD viewer program in order to
          print them out.

          I would also like the plans for the fruit sheds. If no one has them I
          will probably just make a generic shed based upon pictures I took in
          the Rocklin area.

          David B.

          --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <dasredbaron@...> wrote:

          > Hi
          >
          > does anyone out there have plans /measurements to the Colfax buildings?
          >
          > Looking for plans/measurements anything for the buildings there, the
          > Fruit sheds, The Station, The Monument,
          > and also,, wehre was the Water pipe at? I see the tower on the hill
          > but never yet located the pipe.
          > Second question, Looking for the layout of buildings, tanks and
          > pipes at Oilville.
          >
          > thnaks all

        • Mike Davis
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30, 2007
            Hi

            That would be a GREAT help, Thank you. Sort of hard
            to build a railroad in CA when you live in Texas!
            hehehehehe

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 6, 2007
              David,

              I would be interested as well. I built an N scale model of the depot
              based on measurements and photos,
              (http://mysite.verizon.net/dstuard/images/CofaxatChantilly.jpg) but
              have not done the freight depot. CAD drawings would be a big help!

              Doug Stuard
              Reston, VA
              dstuard@...

              > Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added
              security of spyware protection.