Grass Valley Depot

  • empirita
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 2006
      I am trying to draw up the plans to build a model of the Grass Valley
      depot. In the process of taking dimensions for the building from a
      Sanborn map and the map contained in the G. Best book, there is a
      large disagreement on the overall size.

      The Sanborn map indicates an overall dimension (not including roof
      overhang or covered walk) of 22' x 136'.

      The G. Best map indicates an overall dimension of 32' x 165'(same
      exclusions).

      Which is correct?

      Anyone have any idea what the dimensions of any of the doors or
      windows are?

      How about the size of wood used for the siding?

      Lastly, how about the slopes of the office roof and freight roof?

      Thanks for any help you can provide.

      David
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 27, 2006
        David,

        I am not certain off the top of my which dimension is right. However the map
        in best is quite old and might very well be incorrect. The best suggestion I
        have is to check in the files section for the list of drawings by Herman
        Darr and contact him, I don't remember if he did a full drawing of the depot
        or not but I am sure he has a more updated map of the grass valley yards.

        -=Andrew=-