Bucker Snowplow

  • John Foster
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 18, 2006
      Hello All,

      I just loaded a few pictures of my finished ON3 NCNGRR Bucker Snowplow
      in the phot section.

      The fun part was making the blade rise up & down, I left out the grab
      irons and stirrups like what was shown in the picture that Doug MacLeod
      sent me.

      I also turned up a few of the wheels that are used for ballast, the
      picture shows them all faced down and I'm sure the reason for that would
      be to better get a hold of them if need be.

      But that's just a guess on my part and I'm sure I could be wrong, I just
      wanted to show a little detail on my model so a few were turned up.

      Anyway I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I had building it.

      Thanks You to those who sent me the info, it helped a great deal.

      John.

    • eabracher@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 18, 2006
        Nice work John.

        Would make a nice kit in HOn3.

        eric

      • Jim Vail
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 28, 2006
          Rick wrote:

          > Greetings All,
          >
          > I'm working on a few Ca. narrow gauge cars and wondered if someone on the
          > list could give me color advice for Box cars. Preferably for Floquil.

          Rick -

          Contact Randy Hees at hees@... - he is the expert.

          Jim Vail
        • Rick
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 28, 2006
            Greetings All,

            I'm working on a few Ca. narrow gauge cars and wondered if someone on the
            list could give me color advice for Box cars. Preferably for Floquil.

            Thanks,

            Rick

          • Randy Hees
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 29, 2006
              What year and or railroad are you modeling? This does change over the
              years.

              I am short of time right now (off to San Jose for the races) but...

              Generally, a Tuscan red early on (at least if painted by the Carter
              Brothers) SPC (and N&C) transitioned to a "Metalic color" (a 19th
              centrury paint name meaning made from iron bearing pigment, not meaning
              metal flake) darker brown red (Roof brown with a bit of red) Roads like
              the NCNG or later SP offer still more choices.

              Randy Hees
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 29, 2006
                Based on a conversation I had with Herman Darr a while ago, the NCNG painted
                their boxcars an oxide red, I don't know how to describe the shade off hand
                but it was very red in the later years. In the NCNG's early years there is
                no known data on the color but since their earliest rolling stock was from
                the Carter Brothers a safe assumption is to go with a tuscan red for the
                period from 1876-1900 and the oxide red from 1901 on.

                -Andrew-

                On 7/29/06, Randy Hees <hees@...> wrote:

                > What year and or railroad are you modeling? This does change over the
                > years.
                >
                > I am short of time right now (off to San Jose for the races) but...
                >
                > Generally, a Tuscan red early on (at least if painted by the Carter
                > Brothers) SPC (and N&C) transitioned to a "Metalic color" (a 19th
                > centrury paint name meaning made from iron bearing pigment, not meaning
                > metal flake) darker brown red (Roof brown with a bit of red) Roads like
                > the NCNG or later SP offer still more choices.
                >
                > Randy Hees

              • Rick
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 30, 2006
                  Thanks for all the info. I'm looking at the 1930's with a heavy NCNG
                  emphasis it looks like an oxide red is the way to go.

                  Thanks for all the help.

                  Rick

                  _____